Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poor excuse for TV cop show

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
tedebear said:
He's the lead isn't he?

I think he's ok, not supposed to be overly acted, you should be familiar with his type though Les? just reels the women in with one look ;) :lol:

In the sense that he is the antithesis of me, then yes I am familiar.

Last edited:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Les Biehn said:
In the sense that he is the antithesis of me, then yes I am familiar.

State of Play was really rather good though, wonnit. I am not in love with Simm, but there is an occasionally over-earnest authenticity in the skin of his characters that seem catching and quietly alluring rather than erosive or damaging. Basically, they all seem the same, but slightly likeable.
He doesn't anger me in Mars.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Meade's_Ball said:
State of Play was really rather good though, wonnit. I am not in love with Simm, but there is an occasionally over-earnest authenticity in the skin of his characters that seem catching and quietly alluring rather than erosive or damaging. Basically, they all seem the same, but slightly likeable.
He doesn't anger me in Mars.

That is pretty much a perfect sumary, just find hm a bit flat. State of Play was qulity, however David Morrissey acted him off the screen.

Last edited:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
tedebear said:
Sorry didn't realize you weren't in a joking mood today.... second slap on the wrist for me then...

eh...I was joking??? I was taking the piss out of myself.

Who else has given you a slap.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Les Biehn said:
eh...I was joking??? I was taking the piss out of myself.

Who else has given you a slap.

Oh right - sorry didn't read it that way...

Chappers told me off for being patriotic about my adopted homeland of England - said I wasn't allowed to be!

Nae worries - I'm off out into the garden to plant my new Pear tree.... Laters alligators....

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
tedebear said:
Oh right - sorry didn't read it that way...

Chappers told me off for being patriotic about my adopted homeland of England - said I wasn't allowed to be!

Nae worries - I'm off out into the garden to plant my new Pear tree.... Laters alligators....

Don't worry about Chappers, he just likes to put people down in general. Sometimes it is funny, sometimes its pedantic and too cool for school.

But then again we all have our foibles, my obssession with gayness and breasts being one.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Les Biehn said:
That is pretty much a perfect sumary, just find hm a bit flat. State of Play was qulity, however David Morrissey acted him off the screen.

true.
His character had the possibility of emotion, guilt and intrigue though. Simm remained merely a newspaper broom investigating the riddlesome gravel and fluff he'd accidentally swept from the editing-room floor. Yes we see him wrestling with the sexual blame and mistrust his past has loosely built, but mostly he's not that involved. He is just us. An eye with flesh and limbs and stubble.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
pasty said:
I'll bet I'm in a smaller minority. I've never watched it!

Yup, just you and me them Pasty. I've never seen it either.

HAMPSHIRE DAVE

Dec 7, 2004
NR SOUTHAMPTON
Takes the piss out of the 1970's and the attitude of people at the time.
Try making fun of anyone now and you end up in court.
LOAD OF OLD POLITICAL CORRECTNESS BALLS!!!
Phillip Glenster:Star of the show!:clap2:
HAMPSHIRE DAVE

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Thought last night was the best one of the series, the future stuff didn't feel forced and the story line was better than the others.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
It was good last night, especially the f***ed-up overdrugged opening for amusement's and reality's sake, but i couldn't imagine anyone but Reese Dinsdale being the original murderer, so that innocence/guilt segment seemed overly obvious. The real twist would not have seen him overawed by a cycling girl, his satanic face glimmering with the thought of an untouched soul ready to be mangled.
Still, a jolly good show.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here