Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pompey's 'Great fans'

Mar 4, 2008
Burgess Hill!
Yes he does.
Just found his first ever game -

“It was Boxing Day and we beat Brighton 1-0 in the Fourth Division. There were 32,000 there and I was hooked from that moment on.

The fans that sit around him with spliting headaches from his stupid bell owe it all to us :bigwave:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Yes he does.
Just found his first ever game -

“It was Boxing Day and we beat Brighton 1-0 in the Fourth Division. There were 32,000 there and I was hooked from that moment on.

The fans that sit around him with spliting headaches from his stupid bell owe it all to us :bigwave:

I assume he's talking about the 1976/77 season, when we played in the THIRD Division. We went UP and they avoided relegation by ONE point.

As any SUPERFAN knows, we played Pompey on the 27th December, not Boxing Day.

*givemebackmyfuckinganorak*

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Oh right. What's PETERSFIELD like? Never been there. Basically, is it worth my while driving ten miles to go and see JOHN or not?!

On balance, probably NOT, to be fair.

If you do go, go on MARKET day, when all the cloven-hoofed inbreds from the outlying villages come into town to sell their cousins to each other.

Hey man, give me six

:thumbsup:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i went to petersfield for a pre-season friendly back in 96/97 - SUPERFAN

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
There was a thing on telly about this bloke.

he is not a well bunny seemly, has quite a lot of health problems.

At the end of the day, he is a fanatic who supports his team 100% through and through. Good luck to him.

Bish Bosh

Aug 10, 2005
Wish it was in the EU
Pompey fans-like so many others- came to support us at the original Fans United in 1997. We do all support the same sport and need each other to play against-so why not give some respect to other teams fans(whatever we thnk of individuals like Westwood)? Or at least keep a dignified silence?

I've worked with lots of Portmsouth fans-maybe some of the more enlightened ones?- and he's something of an embarrassment to them btw.

D

Deleted member 2719

Petersfield is quite quaint. Reminds me a bit of Haslemere, but not as nice. Worth the short journey, I am sure, if anything to escape from Portsmouth & Southsea.

BOF i promise you Haslemere is nothing like Petersfield from the point of view that Haslemere is Toff Town and Petersfield is Toss (er) Town.

I was Born and have Lived in Haslemere not something i am proud of!

Been in a few scrapes over in Petersfield not a nice place unless things have changed.

The only good thing about Petersfield IMO was Erica Roe!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
he is the total opposite to those pics at his shop, he often wears a suit and all those tattoos are covered up. he has an extensive knowledge about books/authors. he found us a first edition we'd been wanting for ages. he is not there everyday though, there is a brother and his mum hangs around. both are tattoo-less.

the shop is also home to an exceptionally freaky collection of china dolls.

PfldBkshpP1010019.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here