Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

POMPEY - what a mess!

arfer guinness

Feb 15, 2007
All European cups are now a joke. Champions League, give me a break, Spurs, Man. City etc. could scrape into 4th place, win a qulifying game and in 12 months time be champions of Europe. Time to go back to League winners compete in Champions League, UEFA cup to the next best then another cup to the mickey mouse sides like Pompey and Spurs who do well in the FA Cup

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The Pompey administrator this morning was slamming the FA & Premier league's decision to block their entry to the Europa league as "a shambles".

Yes, that's the club £119m in debt and on its knees, that has shafted its creditors, had rules changed to give them a chance of not going to the wall, and all at a time when the top end of the game is awash with cash, describing someone else as "a shambles". You couldn't make it up.

Specifically, he was crying about how unfair it was on the players and fans that they wouldn't get the chance to experience what they had rightfully "earned".

As opposed to fans of clubs who operate within their means, of course, and have been deprived of the chance to compete in Europe because of Pompey's blatant cheating?

No, I have no sympathy whatsoever for Pompey. I never thought I'd say this about another football club, but I am so sick of hearing them whine about their (entirely self-induced) situation, frankly I wouldn't give a damn if they went out of business.

FFS, they created this mess by trying to cheat their way up the league, how DARE they claim to be hard done by now they've been rumbled. Especially as they will escape relatively scot-free in the end. Self-pitying idiots.

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
Specifically, he was crying about how unfair it was on the players and fans that they wouldn't get the chance to experience what they had rightfully "earned".

As opposed to fans of clubs who operate within their means, of course, and have been deprived of the chance to compete in Europe because of Pompey's blatant cheating?

No, I have no sympathy whatsoever for Pompey. I never thought I'd say this about another football club, but I am so sick of hearing them whine about their (entirely self-induced) situation, frankly I wouldn't give a damn if they went out of business.

FFS, they created this mess by trying to cheat their way up the league, how DARE they claim to be hard done by now they've been rumbled. Especially as they will escape relatively scot-free in the end. Self-pitying idiots.

As usual, Edna sums it up far better then I could :thumbsup:

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
picture.php

they even owe SFC £35k. Probably for this :laugh::laugh:

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I see from yesterdays goals highlights the Administrators sold the camera gantry as well.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Are there any tickets for the game Saturday? Might stroll along to support you lot.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Reading the sport section in the Mail on Sunday yesterday, I was surprised to read Patrick Collins article on Pompey and the latest potentially interesting owner they have. It included phrases such as “It had to be Portsmouth. Poor old Pompey, with its rickety stands and eternally faithful fans”. And worse still, “But for those of us with a real affection for that daft and decent institution on the South Coast, this is another bitter blow. The latest of far too many”.

Now perhaps my memory is somewhat hazy? My recollection was that the “decent institution” on the South Coast had spent money it could not afford and over a prolonged period, which resulted in successes such as staying in the Prem (including top half finishes?) and winning the FA Cup. Great successes for Pompey and with the over spending which resulted in them ultimately ending up back in the Championship and still playing at Fratton Park, while leaving that shocking creditors report attached to the first post in this thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here