Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

POMPEY - what a mess!

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
70 page doc, what page are the list of creditors, debtors.

Its amazing what a mess they have made of this club, with all the avalible riches the top flight offers compared to other leagues.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
page 33 is where they start listing creditors.

i read through part of this earlier this morning, doesn't look like hrmc have enough to block a cva, but not sure i've read all the tax bits yet.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Pay up Pompey, Pompey pay up

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
page 33 is where they start listing creditors.

i read through part of this earlier this morning, doesn't look like hrmc have enough to block a cva, but not sure i've read all the tax bits yet.

What a surprise. :nono:

Once again - the real creditors are shafted by the feckless and greedy owners. :nono:

I hope the HMRC force one of these clubs out of existence one day. It is a disgrace.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The list of trade creditors (ie excluding HMRC and unsecured loans) is incredible.
Amongst pages and pages and pages of large and small businesses, local traders, butchers, florists, individuals, they owe...

Bognor FC £230
N Webb (Neil ?) £150
Fareham Council £6,147
Portsmouth Council £28,690
Johnston Newspapers £20,062
Office Angels £4,620
PFC Supporters Club £300
Priory Community Spotrs Centre £11,000
the PFA £5,030
Southampton FC £35,000
St Johns Ambulance £2,701
The FA Premier League £15,500

Scum.
Absolute scum.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
have looked a bit more and as far as i can see hmrc are owed £17.1m which gives then a 16/17% share of the vote so no where near enough to block the cva

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
How many companies have they sent to the wall? It's obscene that they're allowed to continue trading when the businesses they've wrecked cannot.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Despite the fact that Avram Grant etc have been whining to the media for months about how hard done by they are, realistically speaking, absolutely NOTHING has happened to them as a result of their gross mismanagement, cheating even.

£120 MILLION worth of debts, and yet all that's really gone wrong is that they've gone down, which would probably have happened anyway as they were pretty crap last season. They've had the PL rules bent for them but haven't sold any players, yet still fired ordinary members of staff.

No way should a club their size have ever been allowed to accrue that much debt. They are a disgrace, an utter piss take. I can't believe they've got away with it. :angry:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I'm just praying that the Football League take a different view on matters and drop them down another couple of divisions. This probably won't happen, they'll probably just get a 10 point deduction and a slap on the wrists but I can hope

Slough Seagull

Bye Bye Slough
Nov 23, 2006
I'm just praying that the Football League take a different view on matters and drop them down another couple of divisions. This probably won't happen, they'll probably just get a 10 point deduction and a slap on the wrists but I can hope

:thumbsup: Dropping them to the Conference would be a good start but I doubt they would even take them...

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
have looked a bit more and as far as i can see hmrc are owed £17.1m which gives then a 16/17% share of the vote so no where near enough to block the cva

for HMR&C read you and me as taxpayers!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The interest is in the detail.

Beer Clear (thats a company that comes in and cleans all the beer lines in bars etc). Owed £460.
Bookers Cash & Carry £221 (Harrys sneaky whisky in his desk drawer ?)
Carlsberg £1,039
Carol Moore Florists £995 (some of Avrams ladyfriends on the estate ?)
Bransbury Park Butchers £629
British Telecom £1,335
Carpets & General Cleaning Ltd £792 (after sweeping all these debts under them)
Coastal Nets Ltd £126 (presumably their goalnets needed replacing due to the number they were letting in)
Concorde Club Hotel £7,558 (nice night out for the players ?)
Chartwell Doors Ltd £402 (replacement for the dressing room one being booted in)
Christie Intruder Alarms £152 (Hah - as if there's anything worth nicking there)
County Caterers Ltd £128,440

I could look through this all day.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
How the hell have they ended up owing Cowplain Community School £14,743 ??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here