Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pompey still in administration

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Southampton should have had a contingency plan in place as it is clear that they were not GUARANTEED a place in the top flight, despite what the club from the top down to the fans believe. No sympathy there.

Are Portsmouth playing the old 'come and get me' plea? Hoping to tempt Mandaric back or some other bozo.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Pricks.

f*** 'em.
Now now Chappers it's not their fault, think of the fans, we wouldn't like it if it happened to us would we? After all if it weren't for Tony Bloom we'd be insolvent too.

Naa, you're right, f*** 'em. The well of sympathy for 'clubs in crisis' who are in crisis because they've spent WAY more that their income (and 'income' includes sugar-daddy investment) is now completely dry. I REALLY hope they get kicked out of the league, but sadly we know that won't happen.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I was under the impression that clubs were not even allowed to start the season if they didn't have their Golden Share in place from the League (as its effectively a guarantee that the club is able to fulfill its fixtures). Is this yet ANOTHER little rule that Pompey have managed to circumnavigate ?

Anyway, I sincerely hope they do go bust, I really do. Let them do an Aldershot and start again from scratch in some local sunday morning pub league. They've completely avoided any meaningful punishment so far, so that would finally be a fitting and just epitaph to this whole sorry saga. See you in the 4th division in 6 or 7 years time, maybe.

And to think Gus's name was linked with them in the summer :lolol:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
And good reason for us to maintain some concern/realism over our immediate future/prospects; I.e. Not getting all huffy about the lack of million pound proven strikers! We may well find ourselves in a difficult position in future with the burden of the grounds costs. Who knows what the future really holds? I'm not doubting TB's intentions but his personal circstamces could dramatically change.

Yes indeed, quite so.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
No f*** THEM.

Lets be quite, quite clear about this and about ANY club. Even us. There will ALWAYS be a Portsmouth football club.

It may not play in the league, it may not play at Fratton. But there WILL be a football club to support. If BHA went pop another BHA would have been formed in non league and play somewhere else like AFC Wimbledon or Aldershot. So f*** THEM.

So f*** THEM. f*** THEM. f*** THEM. f*** THEM.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Quite how they can justify wages of 20k a week beggars belief, they really do deserve for it all to go tits up as they have clearly learnt nothing about reigning in the spending over the past year.

Are the best fans in the world doing any campaigning or demonstrating against this f*** up in the running of their club, because I haven't heard anything apart from whinging. Do they really expect to be bailed out? If so they are thicker than I thought.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The right and proper thing to do is to strip them of their FAC win, expunge their results from Premiership history and dump them in division 3 where their shit ground and twatty bellend supporters belong.

And then the FA should put rules in place banning quick buck foreign owners from extracting money from any British football club for profit. Pompey, the FA, and these johnny foreigner owner type = CüNTS.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yup. Unbelievable some of the responses in that link above. They still feel certain it's all part of some "FA, FL, PL conspiracy" against them.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Flids.

"This whole thing stinks and l think that there is a conspiracy between the PL and FL to drive us out of business UEFA and FIFA need to urgently step in and sort this nonsense out."

"If those poxy Italians paid what they owe us at least we could pay the wages"

"For ages there's been no doubt in my mind that the PL, FL and FA want us closed down as scapegoats. They have put every possible obstruction to recovery in our way including diverting our money, points deduction, fines, transfer embargoes, delaying tactics..."

However, you do get the ODD voice of reason

"Lets face it AA has contradicted himself so many times and fed us some much claptrap you cannot believe him.
A bit of back-of-the-fag-packet maths leads me to think that the wage bill is at least double what was proposed in the CVA, plus the income from player sales and support has has been far less than needed so there was never any prospect of the CVA promises being met and the FL have now called our bluff. Lets also be clear all that was after we had shafted creditors for 80% of what we owed.
Think what the RN in the dockyard could do with the £30m+ we have taken from the taxman when the defence cuts come next week. Our jobs taken by what was our club."

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
They did make me chuckle Easy. Particularly the first one you mentioned. Yes, of course. Besides, why on earth would FIFA want to get involved?

"I have for some time now said that the Premier League wanted us gone, and that the Football League are no different.....this is becoming evident day by day."

:shrug:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Some of the comments are actually quite reasonable, but most are the work of total SPASTICS. I think this is my favourite one:

If those poxy Italians paid what they owe us at least we could pay the wages.

Too funny.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
One bright spark has managed to crack it and has got a brilliant idea to resolve this perilous issue.

"All get in the ground for 2pm and make our voices heard from the stands, lets show that us fans can be professional and organised at the very least!"

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
What a complete joke. Total and utter complete financial incompetence. The only way back for them is to be relegated to the bottom division and start again by only paying money for players that they actually have got. The kitson signing was a joke. Totally nuts.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
What a complete joke. Total and utter complete financial incompetence. The only way back for them is to be relegated to the bottom division and start again by only paying money for players that they actually have got. The kitson signing was a joke. Totally nuts.

Pricks.

f*** 'em.

These.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
"Lets face it AA has contradicted himself so many times and fed us some much claptrap you cannot believe him.
A bit of back-of-the-fag-packet maths leads me to think that the wage bill is at least double what was proposed in the CVA, plus the income from player sales and support has has been far less than needed so there was never any prospect of the CVA promises being met and the FL have now called our bluff. Lets also be clear all that was after we had shafted creditors for 80% of what we owed.
Think what the RN in the dockyard could do with the £30m+ we have taken from the taxman when the defence cuts come next week. Our jobs taken by what was our club."

Blimey, where he did come from? He must be the one fan whose parents aren't actually related to each other

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
im confused. what is the £15m security from Chainrai and why do the FL want him to waive it?

they are in administration, surely its for the creditors to agree that they come out. Giving them the "Golden Share" doesnt immediatly make them solvent or produce magical amounts of money does it? seems to me the FL have given them a helping hand in not deducting points for still being in administration, so they better stfu about conspiracies and rubbish.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Why has the administrator sold a player then bought 2 players in that negate that transfer fee over the course of a season ? He could have used the £2.5M to put towards the wages bill. The Italian club that owes Pompey £1M over the Muntari deal know that by witholding payment there is a good chance they wont have to pay anything back in a couple of months time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here