Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pompey - still at it

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
The other south coast club have reportedly paid former Chief Executive, Peter Storrie, a total of £87,000 in consultancy fees since he stood down 5 months ago.

This in addition to paying Premiership level salaries to new players while still being unable to service their debts.

Still in administration and still not docked any points despite League rules...............

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Total Wankfest at the South Coast's biggest eyesore.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I guess Storrie needs some sort of income now that the gravy train of bonuses for player sales has been removed.

Interesting that he has been involved with Notts County, Portsmouth, Southend Utd and West Ham. All four suffered a financial meltdown at some point.

Is he any good at his job?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
hard to reconcile that the person responsible for taking the club into such a state of financial meltdown that they were unable to estimate their debts and their best professional "guestimate" proved to be 50% out, can be awarded a monthly stipend nearly the equivalent of the national average annual wage.

What consultancy services can he possibly be providing that an honest administrator could justify?

And the spending goes on............

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
no idea, maybe that was total amount whilst the embargo was in place, still seems a waste of 30 grand.

Ignoring the figure and the embargo, I assume they were scouting and planning for the future for when the embargo was lifted.

Four out of the five signings since they came out of the embargo have been from Stoke. So in actual fact, I have changed my mind and decided it was a waste of money!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Ignoring the figure and the embargo, I assume they were scouting and planning for the future for when the embargo was lifted.

Four out of the five signings since they came out of the embargo have been from Stoke. So in actual fact, I have changed my mind and decided it was a waste of money!

Indeed - Cotterill could have done (and probably did do) that by himself over the phone

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Yeah, I mean you'd really need a scout to tell you what Dave Kitson and Liam Lawrence had to offer, wouldn't you?

They really are an utter disgrace, and the worst thing is, they now appear to be staging a recovery of sorts on the pitch (no surprise when you look at their team), and thus continued to be rewarded, not punished, for their outrageous cheating.

I'm just putting in a call to Hampshire Police by the way, to report the disappearance of six thousand of the Greatest Fans In The World(c), none of whom have been seen since April this year.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
When I worked at County Hall in Lewes a few years back their was a Pompey fan who worked in the Post Room who was a total BELLEND.

Everytime, and I mean EVERYtime, I saw him he would say "Poor old Brighton" and laugh to himself as he wandered off. He was the smuggest football fan I have ever met.

How things are about to change. I miss him now!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
:angel:

missinge.jpg

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You can tell that's a fake poster. That woman flashing her tits is clearly a complete pikey and therefore far too good looking to be seen at Pompey.

It is quite good though. Where did you get it from?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It is quite good though. Where did you get it from?

The inside of my bored imagination :thumbsup:

I tell you what though, male or female, they're a classy lot aren't they? You can't ever take that away from them.

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1316368/Portsmouth-fans-fury-ex-chief-executive-Peter-Storrie-paid-87-000-months-work.html

They don't seem to be reacting with fury. The quote from the supporters association is quite mild and the article in question has not been inundated with messages.

Perhaps I am being a bit unfair, but apart from the odd march and a few fans outside the high court, they have been rather lukewarm about all the goings on. I guess an FA Cup win, a European adventure (albeit a short one) and Premier League football was enough to appease them. Perhaps it would enough for every club?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here