Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pompey - still at it

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This quote is hilarious;

"Since administrators took over, income has exceeded expenditure by around £300,000."

Even the ruddy administrator is incompetent!

Thats one word for it.

BENT is the one I'd use.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
"Since administrators took over, income has exceeded expenditure by around £300,000."

Even the ruddy administrator is incompetent!

OK. I give up, why is that a sign that the administrator is incompetent? I'd say the reverse is true

(although it's easy to have income exceeding expenditure if you wipe off all your debts - my income would exceed expenditure by a considerable amount if I only paid 20p in the pound on my mortgage).

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
OK. I give up, why is that a sign that the administrator is incompetent? I'd say the reverse is true

(although it's easy to have income exceeding expenditure if you wipe off all your debts - my income would exceed expenditure by a considerable amount if I only paid 20p in the pound on my mortgage).

I'm assuming it's too suspicious a turn around for some to feel it is entirely legitimate.

But with debts wiped out, staff structure reduced, I can see it being possible.

:blush: Make that I'm incompetent. I read it the other way around.

Having said that, I wouldn't have thought that £300k is a particularly big amount on the income they have, especially when the debts totalled around £122m. There's also the small matter of the £1m that they owe (and refuse to pay) to Tottenham still to come out, so as soon as that is added the amount turns negative. Still, that's the Portsmouth way isn't it, declaring a profit because you've conveniently forgotten about the debts you owe? Andronikou has learnt fast, I'll give him that.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
:blush: Make that I'm incompetent. I read it the other way around.

Having said that, I wouldn't have thought that £300k is a particularly big amount on the income they have, especially when the debts totalled around £122m. There's also the small matter of the £1m that they owe (and refuse to pay) to Tottenham still to come out, so as soon as that is added the amount turns negative. Still, that's the Portsmouth way isn't it, declaring a profit because you've conveniently forgotten about the debts you owe? Andronikou has learnt fast, I'll give him that.

Yes. I'm sure there's some creative accounting going on there.

And of course, they can keep their liabilities off the balance sheet, as we've already established, they're under no obligation to pay any debts

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I guess Storrie needs some sort of income now that the gravy train of bonuses for player sales has been removed.

Interesting that he has been involved with Notts County, Portsmouth, Southend Utd and West Ham. All four suffered a financial meltdown at some point.

Is he any good at his job?

I thought it was all Harry's fault?

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1316368/Portsmouth-fans-fury-ex-chief-executive-Peter-Storrie-paid-87-000-months-work.html

They don't seem to be reacting with fury. The quote from the supporters association is quite mild and the article in question has not been inundated with messages.

Perhaps I am being a bit unfair, but apart from the odd march and a few fans outside the high court, they have been rather lukewarm about all the goings on. I guess an FA Cup win, a European adventure (albeit a short one) and Premier League football was enough to appease them. Perhaps it would enough for every club?

possibly because they don't really understand what's going on? i'm being serious. they do seem like a fairly simple bunch - and i'm not trying to be snobby or superior - the quotes i've heard and comments from fans seem to bear no relation to what's actually happening at the club... how they have systematically exploited and deceived their fans and the local community.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I thought it was all Harry's fault?
You're not concentrating hard enough. It's never his fault. He's down to the bare bones and every victory under his stewardship is a miracle.

And no way could you describe him as a wheeler dealer as he's very cerebral, he doesn't need to spend lots of money on a MASSIVE squad to get anywhere, he's a really tactical thinker and he's never afraid to make brave substitutions to change the course of the game in his favour.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here