Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pompey Opinion of BHA

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
It seems that a scouting Pompey fan was at the Amex on Saturday:

I've been over at the Amex tonight taking a look at Brighton's new ground - nice place, very clean.

On the evidence of tonight, I think we'll beat them on Saturday. They play alot of fluid football, plenty of tricky little through balls and diagonal passes but it's astoundingly predictable - I sat there correctly guessing what the attackers were going to do next for about five minutes. As long as Rocha and Halford are switched on they'll have no trouble tracking all their little through balls - Brighton really struggled to break down an organised League Two defence tonight, so one would hope we can stifle them too. Will Buckley is a real talent (made Gillinham's right back look a fool several times tonight) but it took a penalty for Brighton to make the break through.

They do close down very aggressively though - not sure we'll be able to play it in to Kitson's feet much on Saturday. Hope we sign a nice pacy foward before than that can latch on to some passes and get in behind them.

PUP - first win of the season on Saturday.

NB - Their stadium might have improved but their fans are still ****.

http://www.pompeyonline.com/forums/index.php?threads/scouting-report-brighton.58154/

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
But we won't be playing one upfront on Saturday.
CMS and Hoskins upfront is going to be a real treat (assuming Hoskins is now fit).

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
let them believe that.

Last night i believe that the team under estimated Gillingham, but Gus obviously wasn't too worried, or he would have made changes.

Also we will have CMS back, and play Lua Lua / Buckley / Noone on the wings. By all accounts they were absolutely dreadful in their cup game, and as for his comment on the fans, i am led to believe that we have sold our allocation for the game, so lets sing our hearts out and make them stand up and accept that there is only one team on the south coast that is going places....

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
i think that was from last night not Sat?

Interesting read, Kitson is not and have never been a decent player and Dunk and Greer should have him in there pocket. The wingers will run them ragged and I am going for a comfortable 2-0 win

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
just another little man prick looking to be the big man

so common

the extra sadness is he is trying to do it online.

he guessed our attacks bollocks. even if he did, his logic is still bollocks. wanker.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
We beat a league 2 side while they lost to one of the worse league 2 sides, :facepalm:

jamesp

Feb 23, 2011
Penrith Cumbria
Short memories in Portsmouth I m guessing. Already forgotten last season! And clearly just jealous we can afford a cup of tea and a pie at the match with more than 15 pence in the bank!

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
So we really struggled to break down a well organised league two defence!

Maybe if he had gone to Fratton Park instead he would have noticed that his own side had similar problems. Oh and there defence couldn't keep out a league two attack either.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
OK we've had a Pompey fan's view of us v Gills - what about their view of their own game last night? From the review I read they were lucky it was only 0-1 (and only 3 changes from Sat).

bhamex1901

Dec 20, 2010
Short memories in Portsmouth I m guessing. Already forgotten last season! And clearly just jealous we can afford a cup of tea and a pie at the match with more than 15 pence in the bank!

I was gunna say. Does he remember the last time we played. They probably won't play it to Kitson's feet because he'll be taking an early bath.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
I think we're playing them at the right time.
Another exodus of players in the summer & an unsettled squad only 15 players at the moment. The only thing i can see hampering our game is their quagmire of a pitch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here