Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pompey highlights

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
6 minutes worth now on Player

Did a search but couldn't see anything, but will accept a "fixture" if needed.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Love Gus' quote about playing against 10 men. "Some managers would say it makes things complicated (*cough* Parkinson). I disagree. I would love to be able to play every game against 10 men".

Aside from it being pretty basic logic, it does show that his philosophies & visions are so far removed from the tired footballing cliches we're used to in this country. He must LOVE it when the opposition go a man down, as the way we open up teams like a game of chess becomes THAT much easier.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Having seen Cotterill's interview I've lost all respect for him now.

I hadn't seen that until just now. My goodness - what a bitter little man he is. All down to the sending off (which was a punch apparently). Bookings all ridiculous because the ref is poor. Brighton cheated their way to a win. Deluded or what????

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Cotterill said they started well a few times in that, but from sound of it we were all over them before the sending off? Then about the ref etc. and what players apparently said, asked if anybody at all saw the incident. Just wow, makes you appreciate the class of Gus even more!

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Having seen Cotterill's interview I've lost all respect for him now.

What a complete bell-end ! Most interesting bit about that interview was watching them put the hammer cage back up in the background. Did you notice how he barely looked at the interviewer or the camera during the interview? Shifty sod.

Capricorn

Aug 14, 2010
Perth, Australia
Good Highlights! Shame I still haven't seen the Kitson sending off properly though. From what i've heard, it sounded a definite sending off. Have to agree, Cotterill has lost the respect I had for him after that interview. Mind you it could have been worse, he could have labelled us 'big spending' Brighton :lolol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What an UTTER tosspot! Kitson 'pushed El Abd in the chest', the officials' performance was 'very poor', they were 'unlucky', they did 'well, considering', he can only be 'limited' in his praise of Brighton, because of 'the way they won'... What a desperately sad, bitter, spiteful little prick.

Oh, and loving the way he is embracing Portsmouth culture - Kappa top, check. Big gold chain, check...

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I was watching the elabd incident as on radio they were talking about kitson so I was following him. It was definetly a punch. No doubt about it.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Cotterill said they started well a few times in that, but from sound of it we were all over them before the sending off? Then about the ref etc. and what players apparently said, asked if anybody at all saw the incident. Just wow, makes you appreciate the class of Gus even more!

We were. We had a goal disallowed before the red and generally looked much the livelier team, controlling possession etc.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Anyone who suggested Cotterill as our manager before still want him?

Or did no one even suggest him?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
So he reckons neither of the officials saw the red card but still give it? What a moron. He can't genuinely believe that, I can only assume he's trying to pull the wool over the fans eyes because his performance was as bad as the team's.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Lets face it he is trying to distract from the fact that Pompey were quite frankly crap.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Anyone who suggested Cotterill as our manager before still want him?

Or did no one even suggest him?

I actually like Cotterill and not just because of his Albion connections
His teams generally play good football and I'm sure the Cheltenham and Notts County fans hold him in good esteem
He is straight talking although I do agree he was too over-protective of his players after Saturday's game (I bet he bollocked them behind closed doors mind you)
He needs to sort out the discipline problems at Pompey though with such a small squad of players they can't afford suspensions
Apparently they have already had 5 sendings off and over 50 yellows so far this season (shades of Slade's time in charge of Brighton) and that is not a good trait being manager at the time of such ill-discipline
He said a lot of good things about Brighton before the game and I would welcome him as a future manager although this will be very unlikely given now what is happening on the pitch

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here