Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pompey highlights

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Having seen Cotterill's interview I've lost all respect for him now.

To be fair to Cotterill, his team had just been dumped out of the cup, which he thinks was down in no little terms to the sending off. Which after the first ten minutes was probably a fair reflection as they looked good....however from that moment onwards, they were never in the game and we deserved the result 100%.

maybe he will look back on it today with a different perspective and look at the behaviour of his players as they totally lost dicipline and deceided instead of playing football, they would instead wind the ref up.

Job done

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Cotterill is being a twat, and their inbred fans are lapping it up, instead of seeing him and his team for the waste of collective space that they are. Read was these retards have to say:

Blame Utaka,
10/01/2011 09:52:31
Odd thing to say but I'm kind of glad that our moves for Gus Poyet were unsuccessful back in the summer. His team plays nice stuff but there is that horrible tendency to wave invisible cards. I wouldn't want to support a team with that kind of reputation. That said, our current reputation isn't great either.Report Unsuitable23

pompeypops,
Sompting 10/01/2011 10:04:14
They knew how to play the ref and it worked for them . Nobody likes seeing managers on the side waving invisible cards , But some referee;s are drawn into it ,when you book one its easy to carry on and book more , The home crowd where behind him he loved it and played up to them,But it does not take long to work that out but we never did ,

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Just pissed off because the prize money could have paid John Utaka's wages for a week isn't he.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Seems they're not ALL mongs:

Re post 37, in many ways Janitor your absolutely right, congratulations to Brighton and lets hope they go on and represent the South with Pride. Our problems are entirely of the clubs previous and current mismanagement. In many ways we find ourselves in a position much like Brighton were a few years ago. They represent a club with a plan, ambition, and motivation, a new ground awaits, and all credit to them. Perhaps Pompey should seek some advice from Brighton, as to how they have despite huge problems achieved all this, we could certainly learn a thing or two.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
pompeymarky,
Brighton are flying high 09/01/2011 09:13:54
the one thing that everyone seems to be forgetting is that Brighton are a very good team. and i think that was one reason why pompey were so ill disaplined they got frustrated.

pfcCornwall,
09/01/2011 09:47:44
Well, what a mess...

The team self destructing on the pitch... No real suprise. There's obviously a huge amount of frustration within the playing staff, both player and management. We should also remember that Brighton are actually only a few places below us in the league heading League 1 and are one of THE in-form teams at the moment with motivated players and a class manager.

/\
I like this one.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I hope they do appeal it and recieve the inevitable extra games ban for a frivolous appeal.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Excellent summary in THEIR local paper. Doesn't QUITE tally with Cotterill's views:

Published Date:
08 January 2011
By Jordan Cross
Pompey's season hit a low as they crashed out of the FA Cup after a 3-1 loss at Brighton.
The Blues were comprehensively outplayed as they bowed out of the tournament they reached the final of last season.

Steve Cotterill's men could have no complaints at the outcome of the game as Gus Poyet's side dominated.

Pompey were reduced to 10 men after 15 minutes as Dave Kitson floored defender Adam El-Abd, picking up a suspension his side can scarcely handle.

Things got worse after 25 minutes when Chris Wood gave his side the lead.

Ashley Barnes added a second from the spot on the stroke of half-time after Ibrahima Sonko handballed.

Liam Lawrence limped off in the second-half before Pompey pulled a goal back from sub Tom Kilbey - his first senior strike.

But Francisco Sandaza wrapped things up for the home side late on to give them a victory they thoroughly deserved.

To make matters worse, Pompey picked up seven bookings on top of Kitson's red card in an ill-disciplined display.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
More or less in line from C Block and couldn't say 100% it was a punch, it certainly looked like it, if it wasn't it was hands raised and a push so still a red card ... El Abd did a good "wind up" job as well, but hey, it's all part of the game. Only two or three season ago he would have been the one getting wound up.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Anyone who suggested Cotterill as our manager before still want him?

Or did no one even suggest him?

If we did ever need a new manager I would still be happy to have him as manager. He has been told by Kitson that it was a push rather than a punch and as he didn't see it himself he's gonna believe his player so I don't blame him for being annoyed at the sending off. He did seem very bitter and pretty much refused to give us any praise though which is disappointing.

chez

Jul 5, 2003
I'll say it again, Cotterill hates us. End of. Was a wanker as a pundit when we played FC United. No respect for the man, at all :tosser:

I remember you saying that at the time mate. I always respect your opinions but until the post match interview I could never understand why you thought that way. Has he done anything in the past to make us assume that he hates us?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I'll say it again, Cotterill hates us. End of. Was a wanker as a pundit when we played FC United. No respect for the man, at all :tosser:

And if his actions as a player when he was on loan is anything to by, he likes us.

What did he say? I remember him saying (in the replay) he expected us to win as we were in a higher division, that he didnt learn anything because he knew thats how Brighton would play (and he meant that as a compliment) and that its no surprise we went thru...

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
I remember you saying that at the time mate. I always respect your opinions but until the post match interview I could never understand why you thought that way. Has he done anything in the past to make us assume that he hates us?

I can't think of anything. He's just so sour and whingey. He was just as bitter after we beat FCUM 4-0, and it wasn't even his team we'd beaten. Think there's more to it, but not sure what.

Where are you planning to sit at Falmer anyway, Chez?

chez

Jul 5, 2003
I can't think of anything. He's just so sour and whingey. He was just as bitter after we beat FCUM 4-0, and it wasn't even his team we'd beaten. Think there's more to it, but not sure what.

Where are you planning to sit at Falmer anyway, Chez?

Fair enough, I thought the reason he didn't talk about us much after the FCUM game was just because he knew we had them in the next round. I think I probably see him in a positive light as I loved him as a player - although after his interview yesterday that had changed slightly.

Falmer, we are probably looking at The North Stand, closer to the back and centre the better. How about you??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here