Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pompey Chimes

1066gull

To top it off, Pompey is lovely and flat and has flat parks.

Unlike Brighton and Preston Park:angry:

Last edited:

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Starry said:
Westwood is an absolute nutter. We had the misfortune of living on the same road as him when we first moved back to England. Him, his bell and his book shop. Some combination.

Hmmm nice! I remember once he got hold of me and Mrs Pethick after a game outside Fratton Park and hugged us, he had no top on and sweating like a pig and we got his arm pits full on in our faces, oh my word he STANK!!! I was wretching all the way home!!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
BarrelofFun said:
Adrie, are you not counting your chickens?

You have to get A-Levels first! :jester:

Is Adrie doing an A level in counting chickens? Jeez, they really have dumbed down qualifications these days ...

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Dougal said:
Most cities do , but not neccasarily to this size.

Also , I've been on many nights out in Southsea , the front is not so bad but the rest of it is a hell hole , no one has any pride in themselves . The women are knuckle draggers and the geezers look like apes.

Southsea is probably the worst place go for a night out, it attracts all sorts of wrong'uns! Gun Wharf is OK and I went on a pub crawl near the Guildhall the other weekend and that was OK, apart from the fact I felt OLD!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Race said:
Southsea is probably the worst place go for a night out, it attracts all sorts of wrong'uns! Gun Wharf is OK and I went on a pub crawl near the Guildhall the other weekend and that was OK, apart from the fact I felt OLD!

I concur. I stuck it out for 5 or so months and came back to Brighton with my tail between my legs. Longer commute to Chichester, but worth it!

I went out a few times and gave up. Nasty bunch! Potential to be a nice place with the lawns at the front, but......:nono:

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Fragmented Badger said:
That doesn't surprise me to be honest. He doesn't exactly have a sweet and innocent look to him. He looks the "fanatical supporter" when dressed up like that for the cameras, but I don't imagine him to be the most refined of characters. What I am interested in knowing from that though is why do the other Pompey fans dislike him?
i lived in pompey for 15 years and got to know westwood very well. he's just an ordinary bloke, fanatical about his team.
im still in touch with him now, top bloke

he is quite noisy though :lolol:
but he aint got a nasty bone in his body, 'cept if they play southampton

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Race said:
Hmmm nice! I remember once he got hold of me and Mrs Pethick after a game outside Fratton Park and hugged us, he had no top on and sweating like a pig and we got his arm pits full on in our faces, oh my word he STANK!!! I was wretching all the way home!!

Ick! Just thinking of him with no top on and sweating gives me the heebie jeebies!

Poor you!

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Pompey are what i call a proper old school club - top supporters a good respected firm, cracking atmosphere at home games, A real community club, working class support, good history.
A club worthy of the premiership similar to Leeds.

NewtownRoad

Mar 3, 2006
Hove
Starry said:
He is an absolute nutter, not always in the amusing sense of the word either. He was looking at a long ban from football grounds after an incident away at Middlesborough last season but somehow got off.

I heard that he ran naked through the bar area in the ground.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Starry said:
... He is an absolute nutter, not always in the amusing sense of the word either. He was looking at a long ban from football grounds after an incident away at Middlesborough last season but somehow got off.
I don't know about that incident but I went out for a drink with him once (he's a friend of a friend) and I thought he was ok. Fanatical fan yes, perhaps a bit TOO obsessed, but I've been in pubs with violent wankers before and he didn't come over as that type.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Brovian said:
I don't know about that incident but I went out for a drink with him once (he's a friend of a friend) and I thought he was ok. Fanatical fan yes, perhaps a bit TOO obsessed, but I've been in pubs with violent wankers before and he didn't come over as that type.

Oh he's not violent! At least not that I know of.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Starry said:
Oh he's not violent! At least not that I know of.
What was he looking at a ban for then? Just curious, I'd assumed it was for violent behaviour.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Brovian said:
What was he looking at a ban for then? Just curious, I'd assumed it was for violent behaviour.

I'm not sure, you get a different version of events from him (or his disciples) every time he mentions it. Probably his usual drunken behaviour but I think the powers that be had been pushed far enough by him (he is thrown out of away grounds more times than I've had hot dinners.) and wanted to ditch him for good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here