Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pompey Chimes

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Adriodinho said:
This time next year I am hoping to live there:lolol:

Take it you're going to uni?

Ive seen the Frattan area, its a nice area and the stadium is nice, yes it is old an grubby, but it has character and I like stadiums with character

Fratton is a hole!! Avoid at all costs.

Gunwharf quays is very nice and the Southsea seafront, but NOT Fratton!!

1066gull

BarrelofFun said:
Fratton is a hole!! Avoid at all costs.

Gunwharf quays is very nice and the Southsea seafront, but NOT Fratton!!
I meant the stadium is nice, I said it wrong I admit.

But tbh, the whole city is pleasant compared to other cities like South London, Derby, Leeds....

I have seen the Quays, which is very nice and is currently undergoing a lot of flat developments.

1066gull

Fragmented Badger said:
Yeah I start at uni down there on Saturday. Bit annoying really as it means I have to miss my first home match for very nearly ten years. What are you hoping to do down there, Adrie?
Video Production.

And what do you mean miss you're first home game for nearly 10 years?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Adriodinho said:
I meant the stadium is nice, I said it wrong I admit.

But tbh, the whole city is pleasant compared to other cities like South London, Derby, Leeds....

I have seen the Quays, which is very nice and is currently undergoing a lot of flat developments.

Paulsgrove , Cosham .... these are 2 massive parts of Pompey and are absolute vast shit holes , we are not talking a few estates here . Pompey is a hole . Scum bag city

1066gull

Fragmented Badger said:
What do you think I mean?:lolol:

The last home game I missed was right at the start of the Gillingham era, around September 1997, so it's a slightly over 9 years continous run of attendance coming to a sad end:(
Ah gotcha.

But if you have any spare time, (probably saturday) it ain't difficult to get to Brighton on the train as the train link up is pretty good is it?

1066gull

Fragmented Badger said:
Yes, you are very right. There are vast areas of absolute slums, but to be quite honest name me a city which doesn't have that? Brighton certainly does (admittedly to a smaller extent). As a city centre, I think Portsmouth is a decent place these days, and I wouldn't have been saying that 10 years ago!
The areas I have seen of Pompey through the tour and driving through it is very appealing. As said, Frattan is the worst place of the places I have been to, but I wouldn't say it was a complete hole to other places in the country I have seen ie south london.

I like the location, as it has good public transport with the trains back to Brighton, Bournemouth and cross ferry channel.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Fragmented Badger said:
Yes, you are very right. There are vast areas of absolute slums, but to be quite honest name me a city which doesn't have that? Brighton certainly does (admittedly to a smaller extent). As a city centre, I think Portsmouth is a decent place these days, and I wouldn't have been saying that 10 years ago!

Most cities do , but not neccasarily to this size.

Also , I've been on many nights out in Southsea , the front is not so bad but the rest of it is a hell hole , no one has any pride in themselves . The women are knuckle draggers and the geezers look like apes.

1066gull

Fragmented Badger said:
I have a season ticket and a car - believe me, I won't be missing many at all! It's just a shame the day I move in is Saturday which means I have to miss this one for definite.
Just think of poor tommy boy who cannot see any home games for a long while:lolol:

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Fragmented Badger said:
That doesn't surprise me to be honest. He doesn't exactly have a sweet and innocent look to him. He looks the "fanatical supporter" when dressed up like that for the cameras, but I don't imagine him to be the most refined of characters. What I am interested in knowing from that though is why do the other Pompey fans dislike him?

I'm not really sure to be honest, but I know he has had one or two scrapes with his fellow fans over his attitude/behaviour. I think he thinks of himself as the ultimate superfan type person. But I'm not a Pompey fan, only chatted to him a few times in his bookshop (which is a must visit if you are ever in Petersfield purely because it's like going back in time!)
http://www.petersfieldbookshop.com/

And I like Portsmouth as well, my niece was at Uni there and had the time of her life. Fratton Park is OK unless you are an away fan.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Fragmented Badger said:
Yeah that's about right. To be honest, I am going to be in the centre and not going to venture too far out, and I imagine you would be the same. If you said to me I had to go and tour the various residential areas of Portsmouth for the next 3 years, I would tell you where to shove it, but there are many worse cities to be in for uni.

oh for Uni , you are sorted mate

1066gull

Same.

What are you doing Badger? Probably something totally different and will be located on different sites.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here