Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
1 - 0 down as well

And yes that bell is fooking annoying.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
I bet we couldn't bring a bell in to Withdean. The stewards would proberbly think its a weopon.

Lasast Brighton game I went to, I had a nearly full can of deodrant in my bag and the steward said I cant bring it into the ground in case I spray it :nono:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Fragmented Badger said:
Whatever anyone says about them, their support when they play at home is brilliant. It looks a great place to watch football, which is good, because this time next week I will be living there!

You poor poor man.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Westwood is an absolute nutter. We had the misfortune of living on the same road as him when we first moved back to England. Him, his bell and his book shop. Some combination.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
That bell is even worse that the Withdean tannoy and that is saying something.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Fragmented Badger said:
Is "Westwood" that bloke with all the tatoos and the wig?

That's the one. Or John Anthony Portsmouth Football Club Westwood as he likes to be known.

His bell is specially engraved with the Portsmouth badge and everything.

1487.jpg

I got stuck on Winchester station with him at about midnight after they knocked us out the cup two seasons ago. :-<

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I thought about having a Brighton tattoo, but the last thing I would want engraved is my bell...

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Pompey fans - Overrated.

They are loud because they have a big band etc. and they got a decent reputation when they were applauding Arsenal when they scored their 3rd, 4th & 5th. I had the misfortune of living in Southsea seafront for 6 months. A load of bandwagon jumping chavs.

"We love Harry"

"We hate Harry"

"We love Harry"

:shootself

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Fragmented Badger said:
So Starry, is he the only one with a bell, and it is just his bell that makes that continuous ringing, or do several Pompey fans take them along? Does he actually have anything to do with the club, or is he just an over-keen fan?

I've never seen another Pompey fan with a bell, just him. That sad I don't make a habit of going to Fratton Park, he picked his ST seat to be beside the crowd mic on the stand behind the goal.

I don't think he is any thing to do with the club. I think they use him because of his fanatical status though, apparently he is not very popular among the other Pompey fans.

He is an absolute nutter, not always in the amusing sense of the word either. He was looking at a long ban from football grounds after an incident away at Middlesborough last season but somehow got off.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Fragmented Badger said:
I don't think they are overrated. I genuinely think they are some of the best around, and Fratton Park is one of the best grounds in this country for atmosphere. If you're talking about overrated fans, I would be more inclined to think of Newcastle for example.

Newcastle definitely. It is always nice to see Newcastle stutter and stumble. Best fans in the land....sexy football....A prime example of bigclubitis. They don't realise that they need to get rid of the chairman!!

I have been to Fratton Park a few times ( :blush: ) and I genuinely think it is to do with the Stadium. Even Reading of old would make a noise in there.

1066gull

Fragmented Badger said:
Whatever anyone says about them, their support when they play at home is brilliant. It looks a great place to watch football, which is good, because this time next week I will be living there!
This time next year I am hoping to live there:lolol:

Take it you're going to uni?

Ive seen the Frattan area, its a nice area and the stadium is nice, yes it is old an grubby, but it has character and I like stadiums with character

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here