Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Polymath Potter, please GO

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I've voted OUT on a number of occasions now. The thing is, he is so frustrating. I think he has it in him but keeps shooting himself (and us) in the foot.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
As West Brom are showing it'll be a brilliant decision to sack a manager to try and stay up i mean look how they have improved

And they just lost 4-0 at home to a side who could only squeeze a 1-0 out of us.

But as the OP and others have said, we should be smashing teams like Arsenal, who are there for the taking.

#deluded

Last edited:

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Surely he must now see after that second half that if we attack with pace and drive, we cause mayhem for the opposition. All the possession in the world is not going to worry top defenders at our hitherto pedestrian pace

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
And they just lost 4-0 at home to a side who could only squeezed a 1-0 out of us.

But as the OP and others have said, we should be smashing teams like Arsenal, who are there for the taking.

#deluded

Football has changed significantly in the last 12 months or so. It used to be only Liverpool and city that pressed, now its most teams. Fat Sam would be a shoe in for keeping a team up but he looks utterly lost. Both Burnley and Burnley who are normally very solid at the back look and to soak up pressure are looking dodgy.
Palace are in a similar boat.

The one question is how the likes of Leeds, villa and Fulham are going to keep the high pressing game as the season moves on. A similar story for West Ham but they are a similar to us in that it a 50/50 approach.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Football has changed significantly in the last 12 months or so. It used to be only Liverpool and city that pressed, now its most teams. Fat Sam would be a shoe in for keeping a team up but he looks utterly lost. Both Burnley and Burnley who are normally very solid at the back look and to soak up pressure are looking dodgy.

The one question is how the likes of Leeds, villa and Fulham are going to keep the high pressing game as the season moves on. A similar story for West Ham but they are a similar to us in that it a 50/50 approach.

At least something positive from games being played behind closed doors. I won't need to go to Burnley twice this season given the two Burnley teams in the league :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Indeed. I also think that we may find that our very clever and measured play reaps dividends as the season progresses. Yes, we need to not go to sleep for periods, but decent sides can struggle against us (and have). Wolves can be brutal yet they were ineffective in the second half yesterday, not just because they were sitting on a lead, and not because we lined up two rows of immobile four.

I watched WBA struggle under Bilic, and the struggle continues under Sam: and note that these are two managers who would not lower themselves to manage Brighton (salary and prestige issues). Those who want to bin off Potter immediately MUST offer a realistic replacement - someone obviously better than Potter and who would actually agree to manage us. Or they should shut up, really. Boring droning old bollocks, on and on an on 'Potter out'. It's like toddlers having a tantrum.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Surely he must now see after that second half that if we attack with pace and drive, we cause mayhem for the opposition. All the possession in the world is not going to worry top defenders at our hitherto pedestrian pace
Which is exactly how we played in the first halves v Liverpool, United, Newcastle etc, people do have short memories when they suggest we haven't done it before

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Indeed. I also think that we may find that our very clever and measured play reaps dividends as the season progresses. Yes, we need to not go to sleep for periods, but decent sides can struggle against us (and have). Wolves can be brutal yet they were ineffective in the second half yesterday, not just because they were sitting on a lead, and not because we lined up two rows of immobile four.

I watched WBA struggle under Bilic, and the struggle continues under Sam: and note that these are two managers who would not lower themselves to manage Brighton (salary and prestige issues). Those who want to bin off Potter immediately MUST offer a realistic replacement - someone obviously better than Potter and who would actually agree to manage us. Or they should shut up, really. Boring droning old bollocks, on and on an on 'Potter out'. It's like toddlers having a tantrum.

housewives corner on FB is particularly nauseating ......i have been replying with ....DISHES....!! or IRONING....!! with spectacular results...:)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That looked like a players revolt in the second half, it certainly wasn’t Potterball.

It would actually choke you to give even a smidgen of credit to Potter when we have just played a good second half wouldn’t it?

If the players weren’t behind Potter that turnaround would not have happened but you carry on being a curmudgeon, you’re not gonna change your opinion even if we go on a good run.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
And they just lost 4-0 at home to a side who could only squeeze a 1-0 out of us.

#deluded

9 Home games 0 wins, failing to beat the might of West Brom, Burnley and Sheffield Utd, I can't remember me saying that we should be smashing the likes of Arsenal but you seem to know best.

1 home win in 2020/21. :bla::bla:

Screenshot 2021-01-03 132901.png

Keep the faith...:thumbsup:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
At least something positive from games being played behind closed doors. I won't need to go to Burnley twice this season given the two Burnley teams in the league :lolol:

Apologies as I wouldn’t wish that on anyone. Posting whilst helping with Sunday lunch wasn’t the best of timings. I should have said Burnley and Sheffield Utd.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here