Votes: 4 4.6%
  • The dog ate my Argus

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The last 2 parades attracted 20000 - 25000 today's well at one stage at 11.45 am I thought it would be around 75 as their were far more foreigh student and Japanese in particular than Albion supporters.

When the buses left Hove Town Hall there were around 200 there with another 100 - 200 at the lawns.

The rain must have out people off I spose but ironically as soon as the buses arrived at the Brighton Pier the rain stopped , the sun shone and it was f ing hot !.

I guess around 2000 turned up by 12pm. What do you reckon the turn out was ?. Anyway well done to those who turned up but I think we need to do any parade within 1 week of the event and it is better to end at Hove Town Hall as it was not the right place to end up and there were far too many bemused foreign students and tourists.

Still has a good morning and another tape to add to my Ablion " moments ".

Albionite83

Aug 27, 2003
Reasons for low turnout:

1) 2 championships in the 3 previous seasons; novelty has worn off

2) 6 weeks after the play-off final

3) Middle of July; many people on holiday

4) 29,000 of us went to Cardiff

5) Dodgy weather for most of the morning

6) Falmer fatigue

7) Dick Knight's jokes

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
chez said:
I've got a banging hangover so didnt make it. :(

Ditto plus it is too long after the event and these are so regular

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I was glad the turnout swelled to 2000 - 3000 as at one stage I thought it would be shambolic. Enough people at the end to make it all worthwhile but very low key compared to the other 2.

Still a morning seeing my hero's can't be bad in anyones book.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
2000 is about right for where i was (at the end where the busses stopped). I got there at 10:30ish and there were about 20 people. In fact there were more stewards then fans. I thought it would be an embarssment, but as the time went on more people turned up. Not a great turn out but given the fact it was weeks after the event, it was raining right up to the point it arived, not a bad turn out.

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
Turned up at Madiera Drive at about 11am and there were not many, but people soon turned up and it got better so it was a good morning. Wasn't much of an atmosphere or anything though.

Stood near the buses when they stopped. Not a good view as didn't get there early enough, but quite pleased with the sound system. I could hear every word spoken and good to hear GOSBTS belting out on a couple of occasions

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
To be absolutely honest, I was very letargic this morning and had a few other things to do.

None of our little Home and Away crew bothered either, I think most just want to get on with the actual business of Div 1 football.

Last edited:

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I was away with work for the big one so thought I'd come down the seafront & try to sample the atmosphere.
Very disappointing turnout. Had a few beers in the Fortune of War & everyone agreed that the fans missed a trick today. Could of really showed what we feel for the club; instead I heard "visitors" remarking what a joke we are!

:(

Thought Knight & McGhee's speeches were top class though.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Afternoon bored jester :jester:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Its very dissapointed that less than 10% of the 30000 people who were prepared to endure a 400 mile, 10 hour round trip to Cardiff couldn't be arsed to endured a 5 mile, 30 minute trip to the seafront today.

Some of the excuses " hangover, rain, shagging the missus " is piss poor imho.

The players deserved a bigger turnout and it would have been a boost again for Falmer.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Ernest said:
Even Stevie Wonder can see that the 1000's of real Albion fans are pissed off with Knights glory hunting and hogging the limelight and so voted with their feet :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

As I remember rightly, you're a bit of a wind up merchant?
Did we just win the play-off final?
Are we the same club that was 1 game from extinction in '97?
Are you a twat?
Am I gullible in rising to the bait?
Is the lager in the Fortune too strong?

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Gareth Glover said:
Its very dissapointed that less than 10% of the 30000 people who were prepared to endure a 400 mile, 10 hour round trip to Cardiff couldn't be arsed to endured a 5 mile, 30 minute trip to the seafront today.

The players deserved a bigger turnout and it would have been a boost again for Falmer.

Ditto :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Gareth Glover said:

A fair point but I think they should of just not bothered having one this late in the day. The players got all the praise they needed at Cardiff. The point of the parade when we won the 2nd and 3rd divisions was that it was a chance for the people who could not get to the games to say well done. This time everyone who wanted to go could get tickets and so had already said their well dones and given the players their cheers etc.
No real need for the parade today in my oppinion.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Sorry, some of us do have lives in the close season, my missus puts up with me away EVERY Saturday Home or Away, so I return that respect by spending the close season with her, regardless of pre season friendlies etc etc.

I DONT need to make excuses to anyone:angry:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here