Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poll - The Passion of the Christ

Are you planning to see The Passion of the Christ ?.

• Yes

Votes: 23 41.8%
  • No

Votes: 32 58.2%

• Total voters

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The sad thing is that Jesus looking down on us and looking at the state of the World today and all the hatred, bigotry, rascism, terrorism and murder must think to himself " was it all worth it ? " !.

Hungry Joe.

Mar 5, 2004
British Upper Beeding
Gareth Glover said:
The sad thing is that Jesus looking down on us and looking at the state of the World today and all the hatred, bigotry, rascism, terrorism and murder must think to himself " was it all worth it ? " !.

Well said Sir. Whether or not one is a Christian, religious in any way or a non-believer/undecided one thing's for sure; the historical revolutionary man that Jesus was would be saddened to see what 2000 years of 'civilisation' has brought us to. The rest is all academic wank at the end of the day.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Phaedrus said:
I think that last comment was a little uncalled for but thank you for correcting me on the other points. I was only going on what I had heard as I don't claim to be a theologian, so I bow to your greater knowledge.

But you've highlighted the problem yourself: you were going on what you have heard. If I didn't point out you were completely wrong, someone else would have read it and would have repeated it themselves sometime. That's how all this kind of misinformation gets spread. And I meant it, I think your posting was completely wrong, I can't see anything right in it. Why you think that was uncalled for I don't know, it's just a statement, and a reflection of how tiresome it is to read such inaccurate posts every time religion comes up. If someone discussed football with such a level of inaccuracy they would be jumped on equally hard, I'm sure. Don't take it personally, it wasn't meant to be.

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
Yep, definitely. Looks great fun.

Was pissed off though when one of the radio commentators the other (most of whom seem to be commenting without having seen in) spoiled it by giving away the ending. I hate it when people do that.

Actually, even the reviews criticising it for whatever attitudes it seems to suggest mostly pay tribute to the admirable film-making involved, whether technical or emotional. Have to see it. . . though probably just the once.

Hungry Joe.

Mar 5, 2004
British Upper Beeding
Juan Albion said:
But you've highlighted the problem yourself: you were going on what you have heard. If I didn't point out you were completely wrong, someone else would have read it and would have repeated it themselves sometime. That's how all this kind of misinformation gets spread. And I meant it, I think your posting was completely wrong, I can't see anything right in it. Why you think that was uncalled for I don't know, it's just a statement, and a reflection of how tiresome it is to read such inaccurate posts every time religion comes up. If someone discussed football with such a level of inaccuracy they would be jumped on equally hard, I'm sure. Don't take it personally, it wasn't meant to be.

Fair enough, point taken. At least my tiresome inaccurate misinformed posting has given you the opportunity to educate me and anyone else who's read it. You have overlooked the point regarding the Cathholic Church considering the Gospel Of St.Thomas to be heretic though. This I believe to be true but if you can inform me otherwise I'll stand corrected on that too. Also, if you read my original posting you'll note I phrased some of the comments as a question so I certainly was treating it as Gospel (pardon the pun). If people were only to post facts that they were 100% sure of then this forum and any like it would be pretty limited. Having said that I am personally embarrassed by my 'level of inaccuracy' in this case and shall be retiring to the corner of my office with poiny hat on.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
41% take up is pretty impressive. With the country as whole 45 million of age to see it, 41% = 18 450 000 x £ 5 = £ 92 million box office.

Hungry Joe.

Mar 5, 2004
British Upper Beeding
looney said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Jesus speak Aramaic not Latin?

That's what I thought. Mind you I got that from the BBC along with the other misinformation so who knows? Juan probably does. Juan?

"IT'S ALL GOOD STUFF DEAR"

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Yea GG but the figures squewed because of a high concentration of nerds who post at NSC, half would pay to watch paint dry and a quarter already have. This is not a representative sample of the Human race as 90% here fail to qualify as human.

Thats not including the frothing religous nutters here as well as the Evangelical leftists who wouldn't watch it if you paid them, they do as the Gaurdian tells them.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Gareth Glover said:
I think the point is, Christians and infact everyone has got so used to the cross and seeing JC on the cross it is so sanitised that the forget the horrific nature of the beatings, crown of thorns, stoning and cruxification the man had to endure that day. They have forgotten. I think this film will make me think very hard about what happened. I'm not saying I will become a born again Christian but I expect to be affected by this film.

Great quote .... I am a Christian yet I often just look at the "sanitised" 16th century Church image of the Christ without taking in the horror of what he went through

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Phaedrus said:
That's what I thought. Mind you I got that from the BBC along with the other misinformation so who knows? Juan probably does. Juan?

"IT'S ALL GOOD STUFF DEAR"

Most of the film is in Aramaic ... it is the Romans who speak in Latin ... at least that is what the US reviews have said

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here