• F**k, I have just turned 21 and am hacked off

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Should have been a general reduction all round

Votes: 34 29.6%

• Total voters

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I was looking around Withdean at half time last Saturday and noticed that a lot of the regulars are well over 50. They will have got their reductions simply because of age.
I've checked with the club and I can renew my season ticket at the concession rate.

does it reduce at 65 or 50?

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Ony the family stand, £100 anywhere else
Thanks...

Don't think the wording on the official website makes it clear though as the wording indicates South and East Stands that under 10's get in for less than a quid...

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
does it reduce at 65 or 50?

60. There will have been quite a sizeable number of people reaching that milestone since leaving the Goldstone ground. Baby boomers and all that.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
fantastic idea. sadly ive JUST missed out an the extra 250 quid saved, which would have been helpful this year....BUT with the new stadium this is EXACTLY what we need, especially at a time when people are excited about the future. I imagine alot more father/son combinations will plod along now also.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Absolute waste of time and it will make hardly any difference to crowd numbers, there should have been an across the board reduction to all ticket prices and filled the ground whereas this load of old spin won't sell any more tickets.

Little Johnny - 'Dad can I have a £120 season ticket for the Albion ?'
Dad - 'f*** off you little **** I'm not spending £500 on a ticket to take you and you're not going alone'.

Little Johnny - 'Dad can I have a £150 season ticket for the Albion ?'
Dad - 'Why not as it is only £350 for me and we can go together'

Now what scenario is likely to sell more tickets and raise more revenue ?

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
I'm 20, and it's a great idea AND it's saving me a mint. I would have bought an adult season ticket next season anyway but this will save me a good £200 which can be spent going to away games :)
I should imagine with this offer we won't see any of these 4XXX attendances for league games anymore!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Absolute waste of time and it will make hardly any difference to crowd numbers, there should have been an across the board reduction to all ticket prices and filled the ground whereas this load of old spin won't sell any more tickets.

Little Johnny - 'Dad can I have a £120 season ticket for the Albion ?'
Dad - 'f*** off you little **** I'm not spending £500 on a ticket to take you and you're not going alone'.

Little Johnny - 'Dad can I have a £150 season ticket for the Albion ?'
Dad - 'Why not as it is only £350 for me and we can go together'

Now what scenario is likely to sell more tickets and raise more revenue ?

Just for once big boy:

f*** OFF

This is a good idea

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Can't disagree with the good marketing move by the club, but, it's a shame the club couldn't have rewarded all loyal supporters as money generally is pretty tight all round. I don't regard a freeze on prices as a reward either.

If they'd also made cuts on the price for adult season tickets, they probably wouldn't have been able to make such a SPECTACULAR reduction in the U21 / child prices though.

This is a fantastic move by the club. It means teenagers will now be in a position to buy their own tickets and go along to Withdean WITHOUT having to rely on an adult financing it for them. Its a return to a price structure kids can afford themselves. I worked part time and paid for my own tickets when I was a kid going along to the Goldstone - no way could I have done that on the current prices. But with this new price structure, you'll have the younger generation going along with their MATES just like the old days.

We should've done this years ago.

But with this new price structure, you'll have the younger generation going along with their MATES just like the old days.

We should've done this years ago.

That is the hope. By extending the deal to 21 year olds it makes this scenario more possible. This is how you rebuild proper support and not just reel in spectators. It is about re-establishing an active football culture in a generation that is currently missing out and settling for watching the big four on tv.

I like most other STH's would also have welcomed a reduction in price for my ticket, but if this bold move pays off then the club deserve to be applauded.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
What if 6000 teenagers turn up with £120 and all want season tickets ? The club will go bust.

An unlikely scenario..........but an interesting point. Would it have been a good idea to limit the U-21 price to say 1000-1500 tickets...? This may well have had the effect of encouraging them to apply early......"just to make sure".
I also think your earlier post re; reductions to adults too, has its merits.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Personally its an excellent idea. I just hope the club publicise it to me the maximum now and really get the message out there to the schools, colleges etc etc

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
An unlikely scenario..........but an interesting point. Would it have been a good idea to limit the U-21 price to say 1000-1500 tickets...? This may well have had the effect of encouraging them to apply early......"just to make sure".
I also think your earlier post re; reductions to adults too, has its merits.

Glad to see someone else with common sense

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
What if 6000 teenagers turn up with £120 and all want season tickets ? The club will go bust.

They have probably priced it at £120 knowing that they won't get 6,000 U21's applying. If they thought they would sell out the whole of Withdean at £120 then the price simply wouldn't be £120.
Plus, i'm sure the club know what they are doing in terms of marketing.

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
I go to most home games with my son and he gets in for £1.00. The downside is we have to sit in the family stand and the view there is not all that special. I would love to sit in the south stand but it is a lot of money to pay every game. For one match the family stand was sold out and we had to go in the south stand - it cost the best part of £40.00.

I think any move to get youngsters back into the ground is to be applauded. In the short term they are all going to want to buy a shirt and in the long term they are the full paying adults of the future.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I go to most home games with my son and he gets in for £1.00. The downside is we have to sit in the family stand and the view there is not all that special. I would love to sit in the south stand but it is a lot of money to pay every game. For one match the family stand was sold out and we had to go in the south stand - it cost the best part of £40.00.

I think any move to get youngsters back into the ground is to be applauded. In the short term they are all going to want to buy a shirt and in the long term they are the full paying adults of the future.

Agree totally - Certainly the u10's should be allowed in the South Stand for £1 too... the official website today actually alluded to this offer, as it was been wrongly worded. Now since altered (thanks Insider!)

Last edited:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Plus, i'm sure the club know what they are doing in terms of marketing.
I hear they've been taking advice from Gus Mackay and Neil Lenham...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here