Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poll quits

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Because the League and FA will never admit they are wrong.
I think the assessor should be accountable and referees who consistently have bad games should be dropped from the lists.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Cheeky Monkey said:
The Chelski - Man Ure 'reserve' game was the last straw. He missed a nailed on penalty and dished out unwarranted yellow cards at every opportunity.

He tried to help the players, out of the four yellow cards he gave that I can recall two could have been red.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Yorkie said:
I think the assessor should be accountable and referees who consistently have bad games should be dropped from the lists.

they are dropped that is why Uriah (sp) Rennie was down at our level for a while.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Yorkie said:

And that will leave no one if you go by fans double standards.

Its ok for Mayo to be shit all season and be given the OK because he is a trys.
If a ref made half the mistakes Mayo did last year fans would be calling for him to be axed.

Nemesis said:
Hardly surprising is it? What games have you been to where NO cards were handed out? If he managed to ref 6 games without cards then it's not too bad surely?

You are joking aren't you :ohmy:

I must have been to literally hundreds of games where no cards have been handed out and watched hundreds more on television. Off the top of my head I have never seen a card given at any game I have seen between Brighton and Stockport. Or between Stockport and Man United (the one time we've played them wile I've been alive). Or between Stockport and Brentford. Bloody silly comment, there are countless refs who manage more than one game in god knows how many without hadning out cards.

Poll is a wanker and one of the worst refs in the game.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Kinky Gerbils said:
And that will leave no one if you go by fans double standards.

Its ok for Mayo to be shit all season and be given the OK because he is a trys.
If a ref made half the mistakes Mayo did last year fans would be calling for him to be axed.

I wasn't talking about fans, but fellow referees.

Rookie said:
they are dropped that is why Uriah (sp) Rennie was down at our level for a while.

That's another annoying thing-if they're not good enough for the Premiershit, let's inflict the useless turds on League 1 for a while. Why? Our games need decent refs too.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I think league referees should be professionals.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Yorkie said:
I wasn't talking about fans, but fellow referees.

So was I.

This is An issue that really gets to me(can you tell)

Every week on Motd/Championship etc we hear the same managers moaning its the refs fault for this and that, take some of the blame on yourself.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Kinky Gerbils said:
So was I.

This is An issue that really gets to me(can you tell)

Every week on Motd/Championship etc we hear the same managers moaning its the refs fault for this and that, take some of the blame on yourself.

I agree about the managers, especially in post match interviews.
I know Prem players are super rich but in the lower leagues these are people's livelihoods at stake which is why I think in a professional game, there should be professional referees.

Think of Prosser putting in a completely false and untruthful report saying he had been racially abused. Warnock and Ndlovu both stuck for Brighton.

Rookie said:
if they are so bad could you explain to me how they are at the top of there profession...

How old are you rookie? Serious question.

If you are over 40 and employed then you will know damn well that there are all sorts of people who have been promoted above their level of ability.

My 'manager' at work is great at SQL Server, as a manager and in any other tasks he is a complete knobber and I could do his job better than him with my eyes closed, my balls nailed to a plank of wood and you kicking me in the heels every 10 minutes.

Poll is one of them. He would be bad at Sunday league football. How he got promoted I have no idea but sadly for the game of football he did. The sooner he fucks off to his level, roughly subutteo I would say, the better.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Nemesis said:
That's another annoying thing-if they're not good enough for the Premiershit, let's inflict the useless turds on League 1 for a while. Why? Our games need decent refs too.

Spot on, Nemesis. Theoretically, if players are techincally less able in the lower leagues, we would need the best refs, not the cast offs from the Premiership.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Barrel of Fun said:
Theoretically, if players are techincally less able in the lower leagues, we would need the best refs, not the cast offs from the Premiership.

I agree 100%

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Nemesis said:

The best players, the best sides and the best referees should always be at the top. Its always relative. Its why you always want your team do get to the top, so you have the best of everything.

With your theory, players who couldn't quite get into Manchester United's first team wouldn't be allowed to drop down a couple of divisions, they'd just be told 'sorry, not quite good enough, so you can't play football anymore'.

Timbo said:
The best players, the best sides and the best referees should always be at the top. Its always relative. Its why you always want your team do get to the top, so you have the best of everything.

With your theory, players who couldn't quite get into Manchester United's first team wouldn't be allowed to drop down a couple of divisions, they'd just be told 'sorry, not quite good enough, so you can't play football anymore'.

Totally different circumstances.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
readingstockport said:
How old are you rookie? Serious question.

If you are over 40 and employed then you will know damn well that there are all sorts of people who have been promoted above their level of ability.

My 'manager' at work is great at SQL Server, as a manager and in any other tasks he is a complete knobber and I could do his job better than him with my eyes closed, my balls nailed to a plank of wood and you kicking me in the heels every 10 minutes.

Poll is one of them. He would be bad at Sunday league football. How he got promoted I have no idea but sadly for the game of football he did. The sooner he fucks off to his level, roughly subutteo I would say, the better.

for what it matters i'm in my mid twenties and employed.

If Mr Poll is such a piss poor ref could you explain to me why he has referred at european and world level? and also why Wenger is saying it would be a shame to see him go as he is one of the better refs? But then again what would he know, the brains of internet message board clearly know more about football than a premiership manager

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Sorry to bring this up again.

Chelsea's senior players have welcomed referee Graham Poll's retirement. One senior player described the announcement as "the best news we've had in years". (Sunday Mirror)

Chelsea sould be fined for this

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here