Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poll;- Are you ashamed of your national heritage?

Are you ASHAMED of being English??

• No, not at all

Votes: 97 91.5%
  • Yes, I have shame

Votes: 9 8.5%

• Total voters

Oh, and just so you know - this is not a public thread, so those who might be shy can express your SHAME without anyone knowing how repressed and guilty you may be about your birthright.
Of course if you DO wish to express your terrible shame, then by all means tell everyone, if it might help to get it off your chest.

Not at all. I am sure that there are no countries anywhere that have led absolutely blameless existences and how can you feel guilty for events that you were not alive to witness/change/vote against.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Not ashamed or proud. Just happen to be born here.

Ditto. I am as proud of AND ashamed of England as I am of Kenya.

PURE chance I was born here. Nothing anyone can do to have consciously affect where they're born.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
İbrahim Tatlıses;2866203 said:
I'm proud of Britains history, embarrassed by British culture.

Really? What part? Colonialisation?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Are we allowed to be proud because if we admit that we get classed as racist's by 90% of the posters on here

Look at the poll results. NOTHING wrong with being PROUD.

Xenophobia on the other hand has nothing to do with PRIDE.
Issues of immigration have nothing to do with PRIDE.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Look at the poll results. NOTHING wrong with being PROUD.

Xenophobia on the other hand has nothing to do with PRIDE.
Issues of immigration have nothing to do with PRIDE.

There is nothing wrong with being against mass imigration. It does not make you a nazi or BNP or a racist. It just means that you are against uncontrolled levels of people entering the country. f***, imigration is not even the iligals that enter.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Lets see, thanks to us arbitrary state borders in Africa has caused wide and varied conflict, we played a nice part in carving up the middle east of which the fall out can still be felt today, India's two state solution has seen it's fair share of conflict, we f***ed over the Chinese, the Irish and god knows how many other nations and now we've sided with the worlds biggest power while they go around causing mayhem in the middle east.

How proud I am of our history.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
There is nothing wrong with being against mass imigration. It does not make you a nazi or BNP or a racist. It just means that you are against uncontrolled levels of people entering the country. f***, imigration is not even the iligals that enter.

I didn't say there was anything wrong with it at all. But it has ZERO to do with whether you should be proud or not of your country.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Lets see, thanks to us arbitrary state borders in Africa has caused wide and varied conflict, we played a nice part in carving up the middle east of which the fall out can still be felt today, India's two state solution has seen it's fair share of conflict, we f***ed over the Chinese, the Irish and god knows how many other nations and now we've sided with the worlds biggest power while they go around causing mayhem in the middle east.

*Tears in my eyes*

Bless you good sir!

*Salutes*

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove

Yes, well, its not quite as simple as that is it.

Africas inderpendence was to soon. India was a 5 state solution your forgetting Burma, Bangladesh and shri lanka. Its just India and Pakistan that hate each other. f***ed over the Chinese, dont know what you mean? The Irish rich as just as much to blame for the troubles in Ireland than the British.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

Agree with you on the immigration issue think this needs to be tightened up somewhat maybe more like the Australian model to encourage more skilled labour and not the spongers that are presently here

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
fair point.

I don't agree with the view that anyone concerned with immigration should be labelled a racist. Absolutely not.

BUT I do think quite a few people (not you, it seems) use "immigration" as an excusable topic to air some pretty abhorrent views regarding people that are not White Anglo Saxons.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Yes, well, its not quite as simple as that is it.

Africas inderpendence was to soon. India was a 5 state solution your forgetting Burma, Bangladesh and shri lanka. Its just India and Pakistan that hate each other. f***ed over the Chinese, dont know what you mean? The Irish rich as just as much to blame for the troubles in Ireland than the British.

Because the independence was to soon does that make it right? I'm not forgetting them 3 but I was thinking specifically of the Kashmir problem. We didn't exactly shower ourselves in glory during the Opium Wars and just because Irish landowners acted badly does it excuse our behaviour?

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
I don't agree with the view that anyone concerned with immigration should be labelled a racist. Absolutely not.

BUT I do think quite a few people (not you, it seems) use "immigration" as an excusable topic to air some pretty abhorrent views regarding people that are not White Anglo Saxons.

I agree. SOME people do use imigration as a means to keep things white or pure or whatever you want to call it.

I just think its out of control. Have you seen the people trying to get into britian from france. Its mental.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here