Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Police today

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Just me or were they a tad OTT today,vans/horses/dogs on every street corner,stopping groups of lads all over for no reason,cordonong off the road after and generally being very over the top! i know its a london game and theres a bit of rivalry but iv seen less old bill at cardiff matchs

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Hardly noticed them to be honest, but we did take a different route out of the ground.

Having said that, as I've discussed with the usually excellent Sussex police, the Mets handling of football matches can be somewhat random.

Nothing surpasses our treatment at Selhurst park playing Wimbledon though.

hopper_182

Sep 25, 2008
Didn't have an issue with the police today. Fair few of them around but don't think they had a lot to do. From the sounds of it they were searching a few people tho. But that is their job. Thought the police at Southampton a few weeks back were shit but that's the only time this season.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
PA - first things first - stop watching Arsenal. Secondly, was in the Coach & Horses before & during the game, a few outside the pub, but that's about it. To be fair, it's Orient's Cup Final!

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
no more than usual,mind i did see a few old lads out today,days out with their nippers one told me

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Seems like a few young lads on here were stopped & search, which is OTT especially if they were picking on the young'uns.

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
They stopped my group of about 8 people, which they said was under section 60. When i asked what that was they didn't really make it clear at all. So can anyone clarify what section 60 is about?

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
Section 60 Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994, gives police the right to search people in a defined area at a specific time when they believe, with good reason, that: there is the possibility of serious violence; or that a person is carrying a dangerous object or offensive weapon; or that an incident involving serious violence has taken place and a dangerous instrument or offensive weapon used in the incident is being carried in the locality. This law has to be authorised by a senior officer and is used mainly to tackle football hooliganism and gang fights.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
They stopped my group of about 8 people, which they said was under section 60. When i asked what that was they didn't really make it clear at all. So can anyone clarify what section 60 is about?

Section 60 advice !

They have no legal power to force you to give them your name and address. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES give it to them: it will be kept on file for SEVEN years. When asked, say "NO COMMENT".

They have no legal power to force you to have your photograph taken. Do not allow them to do this. This too will be kept on file for SEVEN years. Keep your head turned away, or put your hand in front of your face.

They have no legal power to ask you to remove any item of clothing in public view, OTHER THAN that which is concealing your identity. Any facial masking can be confiscated.

If you are asked to remove coats/jumpers etc, REFUSE OUTRIGHT. They have no legal power to search wallets, purses, inside small pockets etc. This is an S60 search, for weapons only. If they ask to search wallets, purses, inside small pockets etc, REFUSE OUTRIGHT.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Section 60 advice !

They have no legal power to force you to give them your name and address. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES give it to them: it will be kept on file for SEVEN years. When asked, say "NO COMMENT".

They have no legal power to force you to have your photograph taken. Do not allow them to do this. This too will be kept on file for SEVEN years. Keep your head turned away, or put your hand in front of your face.

They have no legal power to ask you to remove any item of clothing in public view, OTHER THAN that which is concealing your identity. Any facial masking can be confiscated.

If you are asked to remove coats/jumpers etc, REFUSE OUTRIGHT. They have no legal power to search wallets, purses, inside small pockets etc. This is an S60 search, for weapons only. If they ask to search wallets, purses, inside small pockets etc, REFUSE OUTRIGHT.

OR, and this is may seem a bit nuts but bear with me - give them your name, smile, allow them to search you to prove you aren't carrying any weapons or drugs, politely explain why they have no need to be searching you, and then be allowed to go on your way...

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Section 60 advice !

Thanks for that, its the first time i've ever been searched under section 60, and it appears they were picking on kids between 15-18 years old. I only went up with one mate (17) and we were stopped for a while and made to look like criminals, which when the entire high street presumes you've done something wrong wasnt pleasant. I gave all my details as i didnt know my rights, and even let them search all through my wallet etc. So now is my name on some database for 7 years, despite simply wanting to go to the football with a mate? ???

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
Yeah me and a mate got stopped and searched before the game. We were also given that section 60 from thing. Apparently it was given for "presence in an area", such as walking down Leyton High Street, towards the ground at 2:30, and "anticipated violence", i dont really have a problem with it, they were friendly enough and just took our details and looked through our things. Apparently one of the police had been searching a Brighton fan just before us, who then offered him his mobile number,which we had a bit of a laugh about :lolol:

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Yeah me and a mate got stopped and searched before the game. We were also given that section 60 from thing. Apparently it was given for "presence in an area", such as walking down Leyton High Street, towards the ground at 2:30, and "anticipated violence", i dont really have a problem with it, they were friendly enough and just took our details and looked through our things. Apparently one of the police had been searching a Brighton fan just before us, who then offered him his mobile number,which we had a bit of a laugh about :lolol:

Beat you to it mate :lolol:

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Is that the one on the corner of Balmoral Road if it is my wife and I did a holiday relief there in 1968. Obviously changed a lot since then.

Yeah, I think so. It was alright, we were the only ones in there, watching Ireland v Italy on the TV.

British Transport Police got on our tube to Leyton with a Ticket Inspector! :)eek:) - Not only did we have U16 Travelcards, but also beers in hand. But, fair play to the BTP, he was alright, just said stop drinking and throw 'em away. Touche. Could have been a lot worse.

Jordy

Exiled Seagull
Dec 1, 2009
Saw that, made me laugh although felt a bit sorry for the fella's who were stopped. They were up against the wall when I went to buy a ticket and still there when I came back to that pub on the corner.

They must only have been 13 - 15

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here