Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Police today

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I would suggest it's a London thing. I've had to get used to having a spaniel giving me the once other every few months when leaving a tube station. Before anyone suggest terrorism it's nothing to do with that at all, simply the odd 'initiative' they do every now and then. Really it's a case of them stretching the laws as far as they can or as it was explained to me by at the time 'to keep the scum off the streets'.

For it's worth the excellent sussex police think the behaivour of their London colleagues to be a bit odd too.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I would suggest it's a London thing. I've had to get used to having a spaniel giving me the once other every few months when leaving a tube station. Before anyone suggest terrorism it's nothing to do with that at all, simply the odd 'initiative' they do every now and then. Really it's a case of them stretching the laws as far as they can or as it was explained to me by at the time 'to keep the scum off the streets'.

For it's worth the excellent sussex police think the behaivour of their London colleagues to be a bit odd too.

The Emirates has sniffer dogs now and again.Probably to stop terrorism as well as possession of illegal drugs.

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex
OR, and this is may seem a bit nuts but bear with me - give them your name, smile, allow them to search you to prove you aren't carrying any weapons or drugs, politely explain why they have no need to be searching you, and then be allowed to go on your way...

Why stop there ATFC Seagull ? How about a deep anal-probing whilst a police dog licks your balls - that will put a smile on your face maybe.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Section 60 advice !

They have no legal power to force you to give them your name and address. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES give it to them: it will be kept on file for SEVEN years. When asked, say "NO COMMENT".

You sure? I got this at Everton last season, and when asked my name I didn't say "No Comment" as that angers me (One reason why I stopped watching The Bill), but words to those affect. When I said that, he then started threatening me with an £80 fine (£80 I simply couldn't afford), so I gave all my details etc etc..

ATFC, I can see where you're coming from..but when it does actually happening it's one of the most frustating things there is. Espically when you know more times than not the Copper is just a Jobsworth Power-Whore tosser.

Durlston, you mean the ground, right? There was a few outside the away end, this season. Cute little things, they were.

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex
The police can search you under section 60 but you DO NOT have to give them your details unless they think you have been involved in a crime and explain that they think you have been involved in a crime. The police are meant to uphold the law not make it up on the spot. DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR DETAILS and dont let them use their bully-boy scare tactics on you. Always remain calm and polite

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
The police can search you under section 60 but you DO NOT have to give them your details unless they think you have been involved in a crime and explain that they think you have been involved in a crime. The police are meant to uphold the law not make it up on the spot. DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR DETAILS and dont let them use their bully-boy scare tactics on you. Always remain calm and polite

Nice one - will bare it in mind, should it happen again.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Really it's a case of them stretching the laws as far as they can or as it was explained to me by at the time 'to keep the scum off the streets'.
Its not working - Palace fans just tell the OB their name is Nigel. :lolol:

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Durlston, you mean the ground, right? There was a few outside the away end, this season. Cute little things, they were.

Yep.

One of the main lads of Tottenham's firm i know got slashed across the face on the train coming back from Birmingham last week.Sounded f***ing nasty.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Yep.

One of the main lads of Tottenham's firm i know got slashed across the face on the train coming back from Birmingham last week.Sounded f***ing nasty.

Really? - There was a bit of trouble up there, but I stayed over the night, so wasn't on the train home..

How old's this bloke?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle

There are sniffer dogs at Brighton station at least once a month. So I would not hold Sussex police in such high regard. I have been stopped and searched there three times. Of course I am not stupid enough to try and take anything through Brighton station anymore (I have never had anything illegal on me) but several of my mates have been caught. All for a bit of weed, it is a complete waste of time.

hacienda989

Jan 22, 2010
Section 60 advice !

They have no legal power to force you to give them your name and address. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES give it to them: it will be kept on file for SEVEN years. When asked, say "NO COMMENT".

They have no legal power to force you to have your photograph taken. Do not allow them to do this. This too will be kept on file for SEVEN years. Keep your head turned away, or put your hand in front of your face.

They have no legal power to ask you to remove any item of clothing in public view, OTHER THAN that which is concealing your identity. Any facial masking can be confiscated.

If you are asked to remove coats/jumpers etc, REFUSE OUTRIGHT. They have no legal power to search wallets, purses, inside small pockets etc. This is an S60 search, for weapons only. If they ask to search wallets, purses, inside small pockets etc, REFUSE OUTRIGHT.

All very well in theory but have you ever tried this response? You'll more than likely get locked up for a few hours on a trumped up charge

Anyway, Section 60's are so yesterday... today's police favourites are Section 27's where they can f*** you off from a specified area (city centre etc...) for a certain amount of time and if you're caught there in that time, you're nicked..

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Apparently one of the police had been searching a Brighton fan just before us, who then offered him his mobile number,which we had a bit of a laugh about :lolol:

Yeah, cos that OB "Brighton are all poofs" humour is HILARIO

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
TT ? do keithy robbins and sammy skives still go ?

f***ing hell - know ya names eh. :thumbsup:

Sammy was on my train up to Wolverhampton yesterday. He goes everywhere now!

Not sure about KR, though mate.

Not TT (not sure he goes anymore, saw him at Pompey Away, but that's about it) either, I got a phone call from a mate about it saying that he didn't get 'cut' anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here