Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Police 'find blood on walls of Madeleine abduction flat'

Not at all. No more of a mob mentality than those of you who express sympathy towards a couple who were neglient towards their children and who's story seems to be unravelling a little further as each day passes.

And if it turns out maddy was kidnappped then I will certainly appologise for suspecting them from day one. I will not appologise for calling them selfish and thoughtless parents.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Not at all. No more of a mob mentality than those of you who express sympathy towards a couple who were neglient towards their children and who's story seems to be unravelling a little further as each day passes.

And if it turns out maddy was kidnappped then I will certainly appologise for suspecting them from day one. I will not appologise for calling them selfish and thoughtless parents.

what's it to be? Yes, a mob mentality equal to those who express sympathy (surely an oxymoron) or no, not a mob mentality at all?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
what's it to be? Yes, a mob mentality equal to those who express sympathy (surely an oxymoron) or no, not a mob mentality at all?

In fairness readingstockports point was that he is making his own judgements [right or wrong] about the post-dissappearance conduct of the parents, rather than following any 'mob'. Like he says, many people on BOTH sides of the argument are led by what they hear and read from others, and many are influenced by the prevailing weight of general opinion. That is merely human nature, I'm afraid.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
In fairness readingstockports point was that he is making his own judgements [right or wrong] about the post-dissappearance conduct of the parents, rather than following any 'mob'. Like he says, many people on BOTH sides of the argument are led by what they hear and read from others, and many are influenced by the prevailing weight of general opinion. That is merely human nature, I'm afraid.

Fair dos. I wasn't belittling his views and I'm as sick as you of seeing the McCann's on TV. Apologies if it came across as such.

I just wish this picture in my mind of someone murdering a little girl would go away. It destroys my faith and makes me question my liberal values, things like this.

I don't think the parents did it because I can't imagine any parent killing their children and function on any level with that on your conscience. All I can see is the McCann's doing everything to try and raise publicity for their plight. They are bound to smile about something in the last 100 days but now they are public property anything less than public self-flagellation seems to be interpreted as something more sinister.

:down:

It appears Tanner children had been ill all day. So being the caring mum, she left her children on their own and got pissed.

9.25 at night, man seen running carrying a child.

But to the pissed up crew, this is not strange or suspicious behaviour??

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
the really strange thing about all of this to me, apart from the bizarre behaviour of the parents after the event, is that they left their kids alone at all. i'm not moralising on whether it was right or wrong to do so, simply that when we go on holidays we let the kids sit up late with us in a restaurant because we all enjoy it, the kids included, it just seems normal....

To be honest, I think you're reading too many shitty news reports.

I would suggest that it's probably you who is reading shitty (possibly tabloid) news stories and believeing them. For my part I have approached this with what I would say (or at least like to think) is a relatively open mind from the start and from that standpoint their story stinks and there have been some odours from day one.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Were they right to leave the kids?

I'm surprised that point hasn't been discussed on here at all.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
For my part I have approached this with what I would say (or at least like to think) is a relatively open mind from the start and from that standpoint their story stinks and there have been some odours from day one.

For I hope when they finally crawl back to this country in the disgrace they wholeheartedly deserve they are banged up for child neglect.

Hmmmmmm.

LC - what have you read that you insist they were all "pissed" ?

By their own admission that were eating drinking at the bar (and playing a quiz) since 6.30 pm. Now I am putting 2 + 2 together but they were with their mates drinking for 3 hours, the children coming second and do you really really believe they were not drinking alcholol.

And 3 hours of drinking for most adults would at least make them merry.

No I wasn't there.

But if I was, I would have looking after my kids!!!!

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
By their own admission that were eating drinking at the bar (and playing a quiz) since 6.30 pm. Now I am putting 2 + 2 together but they were with their mates drinking for 3 hours, the children coming second and do you really really believe they were not drinking alcholol.

Not at all. But then I had three tins of Pride last night sitting around in a family group at home and wouldn't describe myself as pissed. I just wondered if you know something we didn't that is all.

to be honest mate.

I wouldn't be surprised that those regular checks coincided with the need for a pee.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here