Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

police dealing with incident on London bridge.,

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Who are you offering your condolences and support too? We have absolutely no idea what has happened yet? This, as I have said, is a reaction thread, we have reacted. As I have also said, I dearly hope no-one has died, but we cannot give condolences until we know, surely? That will be a whole different thread.

Honestly, what the f*ck are you on about??? I'm talking about Trump's first response being to push his political agenda before offering support...

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Yep, the story is a fascinating one historically and every time Muhammad made a mistake or wanted something, Allah would give him a revelation for it. He just got a band of dropouts and theives together, robbed all the caravans for 1/5 of the booty and he had the first pick of sex slaves. ISIS are acting out his life to the letter.

His child bride Aisha is very quick to point out that he conveniently had a message from Allah whenever he wanted something, she mocks I'm frequently for it.

The original visit from The Archangel Gabriel, yes, him again, is hilarious when he "squeezes" Mohammed..why squeeze?, and exhorts him to read...Muhammed, an illiterate sand monkey cries "I can't read" so Gabriel goes on squeezing until he begs for the angel to let him transcribe via someone who can read...and then the message is only delivered in Arabic because, obviously, god is a monoglot. Muslims still say that the message is only decipherable in Arabic which is odd as only 40% of Muslims can read it.

It's a wicked, mean, ridiculous fairy tale punctuated with some horrible violence and ethnic hatred.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
When the IRA were bombing us did we say Catholicism was attacking us? No we didn't. We said fundamentalist murderers were attacking us.
Bo we didn't. Complete bollox. We said the IRA were attacking us, or the Provisional IRA, or Irish Nationalists, or just the Nationalists. The word 'fundamentalists' just wasn't in general use back then, certainly not in terms of terrorism.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Forgive me for this it's a genuine question. If your family were stabbed or blown up would you still feel the same way?

I don't know. I hope that none of us are ever in the situation where we do know.

I realise it's easy to sit here in the comfort of my suburban office spouting "peace and love" but believe me if I knew with 100% certainty that someone was planning something like this, I would have no hesitation in killing them and I would feel no remorse whatsoever. The trouble is I don't know who they are, none of us do and maybe a small part of our anger is at ourselves for having no control over events.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I'm sorry but this is an immediate view on an incident where we don't know who was involved or how many have died, if any. I hope to God no-one has died but it is sounding unlikely as I listen to the news. You could have no idea when you started this thread whether it was terrorism or if anyone had died, so all comments are knee jerk to an incident and that is all.

I didn't start the thread. Anyway, I suspect this won't be the last incident we have to deal with and I think I've had enough for tonight. I hope there are no NSChatters out in London tonight. If you are then stay safe.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
But that's the trouble. No lies or anything, but we don't actually know this, do we. Some - like yourself - choose to believe it, and obviously many claim this is the case.........but, the truth is, we don't know.
During the Irish troubles, how many Irish Catholics, who never committed any acts of violence, and who never joined the IRA, would, when pushed condemn 'All violence' (although never condemning specific murders by the IRA or the provos) still actually shared the ultimate ambitions of the terrorists, namely a united independent (and Catholic) Ireland?
So how many of the moderate moslems, appalled by tonight's atrocities, nonetheless share the ultimate ambitions of the cvnts who do these things? - replacement of UK law by Sharia law, Britain becoming a moslem country, with Christianity not allowed (and for all those who jump up and say we're not a Christian country nowadays anyway, yes, you have a point, but in the moslem world atheism and agnosticism don't go down too well either!)

Don't lose sight of the fact that people are generally decent. Use your own experiences of people to judge and recognise that the vast majority are sound.

As soon as you start blaming vast swathes of the population for the actions of the twisted vile evil scum that perputate this kind of thng you are playing into their hands and giving them the outcomes they are looking for.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I can't speak for others. But I have spent much of my life dealing with people who have been suddenly killed and horrifically injured - plus their loved ones who have seen it all happen in front of their eyes, prior to the arrival of the emergency services,

You carry on how you are, if that is how you see fit - all I am saying is now is not the time, in my view.

You're the only one involved in such situations? That makes your comment more applicable? I can understand your position, believe me, but don't use it for point scoring please. We have NO idea about what has happened yet. I shall say it again, this is a reaction to an incident thread, we have no idea what has happened.

TIME: 01:23

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I think many of us are feeling despair, sadness and, in some cases, anger and hate.
We want to strike back at these *******s, we want them to feel the pain that we feel. We want them to know how much we despise them and their twisted ideology.
The problem is, we don’t know who they are, or where they are. For sure we can say “Its all of them, everyone who wears a dish-dash or keffiyeh or burka”. We can take revenge by setting fire to a mosque or chucking a pig’s head into a halal butchers. And for a minute we might feel better.
But that’s just what the scum that carry out these attacks want, they want to incite hatred and stir up conflict because that will cause escalation on both “sides”; that will drive more brothers to jihad and will lead to more innocent people being caught up in the mayhem.
The best way to deal with them is to refuse to stop to their level, to refuse to hate, to refuse to become like them because if we do, we become the very thing we have such utter contempt for.
It will hurt to rise above it, for some it will hurt unbearably but rise above it we must if we are to show them that we are better than them.

In an ideal world this would be sensible but are you happy to turn a blind eye to it so it can become a bigger problem in the future. Moderate Muslims demonise the west and you think they should be hugged, and then say it's not a problem that your prophet was an evil tyrant. Do we have to love this Muhammad too?

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Sometimes we have to because we are powerless to act in a way that doesn't inflame the situation.

Inflame the situation! ok mate its not like people are getting killed on a weekly occurrence is it. This problem wont just go away, and if you and your kin want to just sit on your hands and do **** all you crack on.

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
I think many of us are feeling despair, sadness and, in some cases, anger and hate.
We want to strike back at these *******s, we want them to feel the pain that we feel. We want them to know how much we despise them and their twisted ideology.
The problem is, we don’t know who they are, or where they are. For sure we can say “Its all of them, everyone who wears a dish-dash or keffiyeh or burka”. We can take revenge by setting fire to a mosque or chucking a pig’s head into a halal butchers. And for a minute we might feel better.
But that’s just what the scum that carry out these attacks want, they want to incite hatred and stir up conflict because that will cause escalation on both “sides”; that will drive more brothers to jihad and will lead to more innocent people being caught up in the mayhem.
The best way to deal with them is to refuse to stop to their level, to refuse to hate, to refuse to become like them because if we do, we become the very thing we have such utter contempt for.
It will hurt to rise above it, for some it will hurt unbearably but rise above it we must if we are to show them that we are better than them.

well said.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
This is all very worrying.
And I am not just talking about the incidents tonight, but a lot of the posts on this thread, including long quotes from The Qu'arn.
I can only assume that people are very tired, drunk or high.
Bizzare, truly bizzare.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
You're the only one involved in such situations? That makes your comment more applicable? I can understand your position, believe me, but don't use it for point scoring please. We have NO idea about what has happened yet. I shall say it again, this is a reaction to an incident thread, we have no idea what has happened.

TIME: 01:23

I think most people who have even a vague knowledge of current affairs know what has happened tonight. Stop back peddling.

There is too much bad going on to fall out on a shitty message board, so I shall say goodnight, sleep well and all all best wishes to you and your loved ones.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
I can guarantee that 100% of Christians, Sikhs, Hindus, Jews, Buddhists etc will be appalled by these attacks. Even if 99% of Muslims are appalled, that still leaves approximately 28000 who aren't. A real 5th column that need ruthlessly to be weeded out. Not an easy task.
We should probably start by closing any mosque, that has one of these vermin linked to it. If they are the peaceful religion they claim to be, it might make the majority of them a little less tolerant towards these people.

Que the apologists stating that the Manchester bomber was reported and nothing done. Love to know the real truth on that one!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Forgive me for this it's a genuine question. If your family were stabbed or blown up would you still feel the same way?

The question is, would we want decisions being made by those people who are directly linked to the victims, overcome with grief and probably not thinking clearly?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I think most people who have even a vague knowledge of current affairs know what has happened tonight. Stop back peddling.

There is too much bad going on to fall out on a shitty message board, so I shall say goodnight, sleep well and all all best wishes to you and your loved ones.

Instead of just saying 'back peddling' please tell me what I am 'back peddling' on? You've lost me there?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Perhaps it's time to start using language like Sunni Muslims instead of just Muslims.

Fact is most of the Islamic trouble in Western Societies has come from the Sunni and not the Shi'a.

Shi'a are more like the IRA in so far as it's more about internal political struggles than simply a world wide terror campaign.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
It will hurt to rise above it, for some it will hurt unbearably but rise above it we must if we are to show tEhem that we are better than them.

Forgive me but I have to say that I am sick of the morose processions leaving flowers and lighting tea candles and hand holding vigils and "one love" concerts. I'm sick of politicians rushing to TV and solemnly saying that it is not the fault of Islam that we are burying our babies and washing blood off our pavements. I'm sick of "standing firm with our brothers and sisters of the Muslim faith" and hearing about the condemnation of imams everytime there's another outrage.

It is a sad fact that the true adherents of Islam are the ones running around Syria and Afghanistan with AKs and RPGs. They're following the dictats of Mohammed.

You will never hear "moderate" Muslims abhor the disgusting apostasy rules laid down by Mohammed, you will never stop Muslim men from treating their women as possessions and you can't rewrite the Qurans rules on the treatment of non believers.

Try asking one to tell you what they think about the correct treatment of Muslims who wish to leave Islam if you don't believe me.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
His child bride Aisha is very quick to point out that he conveniently had a message from Allah whenever he wanted something, she mocks I'm frequently for it.

The original visit from The Archangel Gabriel, yes, him again, is hilarious when he "squeezes" Mohammed..why squeeze?, and exhorts him to read...Muhammed, an illiterate sand monkey cries "I can't read" so Gabriel goes on squeezing until he begs for the angel to let him transcribe via someone who can read...and then the message is only delivered in Arabic because, obviously, god is a monoglot. Muslims still say that the message is only decipherable in Arabic which is odd as only 40% of Muslims can read it.

It's a wicked, mean, ridiculous fairy tale punctuated with some horrible violence and ethnic hatred.

No other religion has this problem and Muslims are *******s to debate with. If they can justify Muhammad having sex with a 9 year old, they can justify anything in their mind. They will alway try to say that children were more grown up back then. Some dispute the Bukhari hadith and say that he forgot to put a 1 in front of 6 & 9, so instead of marrying her at 6 they try to say she was really 16 and consummation happened when she was 19. I would say if she was 16 when she married, why wait 3 years until to have sex with her.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Forgive me but I have to say that I am sick of the morose processions leaving flowers and lighting tea candles and hand holding vigils and "one love" concerts. I'm sick of politicians rushing to TV and solemnly saying that it is not the fault of Islam that we are burying our babies and washing blood off our pavements. I'm sick of "standing firm with our brothers and sisters of the Muslim faith" and hearing about the condemnation of imams everytime there's another outrage.

It is a sad fact that the true adherents of Islam are the ones running around Syria and Afghanistan with AKs and RPGs. They're following the dictats of Mohammed.

You will never hear "moderate" Muslims abhor the disgusting apostasy rules laid down by Mohammed, you will never stop Muslim men from treating their women as possessions and you can't rewrite the Qurans rules on the treatment of non believers.

Try asking one to tell you what they think about the correct treatment of Muslims who wish to leave Islam if you don't believe me.

This with bells on.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Don't lose sight of the fact that people are generally decent. Use your own experiences of people to judge and recognise that the vast majority are sound.

As soon as you start blaming vast swathes of the population for the actions of the twisted vile evil scum that perputate this kind of thng you are playing into their hands and giving them the outcomes they are looking for.
I'm not. I'm just pointing out that we don't know how many moderate moslems, while publicly condemning the violence, share the same goals as the terrorists. I don't know, you don't know - we all don't know. But it can't be credibly denied that some of them do. So how many want nothing less than an exclusively Islamic world?
Your guess or mine?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here