Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Police at the Palace game

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There's a meeting tonight that, as with the game at Selhurst, NSC has been invited to attend.

It's not really practical for me to be there so [MENTION=18997]nomoremithras4me[/MENTION] is attending again - he did a sterling job last time round. I'm sure we'll have a full report in the following days.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Absolutely lads, brief report tonight followed by a full match analysis tommorow lunchtime!

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Keep them in for at least an hour after the game just like they like to do at smellhurst

That, then when they get outside - kettle them, and if anyone is pushed forward, smash them on the head with a batton.

If there is no pushing, use the horses to go in and start some, so they get an excuse to crack heads.

That should cover it!

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
That, then when they get outside - kettle them, and if anyone is pushed forward, smash them on the head with a batton.

If there is no pushing, use the horses to go in and start some, so they get an excuse to crack heads.

That should cover it!

I heard there was a shortage if horses for some reason.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I sent this to the police
With the history of trouble between certain elements of both clubs I would like to make two suggestions:
1. The club should refrain from selling alcohol to all fans for this fixture and close the concourses so that home fans disperse quickly.
2. The away fans should be held back for a period to allow the majority of home fans to make their way from the stadium safely.

Awaits flaming....

matt_32510

Feb 7, 2011
Portslade
Would keeping them back work though, as a lot of albion fans stay behind and have a few beers so we would all leave at the same time anyway.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Just because the 2 bob met keep the Albion behind at the smell doesn't mean we need to advocate the same thing for our proper club and stadia.

No special concessions. They're just another small club.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Just bear in mind what happened last season at the Amex, and put steps in place to stop the same things happening again.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
The most effective thing has already been done - switching the match to a Sunday noon kick-off. They work all right even if the club has to pay a lot more for extra police and the shifts.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Awaits flaming....

The problem is if you force 26000 home fans to all leave at once by closing the concourses, the buses and trains would be overwhelmed.

reigate

Nov 10, 2005

Awaits flaming....

Do you really think the amount of alcolol they can drink inside the AMEX will affect behaviour that much?

A couple of pints before KO and 1 at HT if they are lucky enough to get served will not really affect them after the game

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It's too late for this but I did wonder if the police had thought about copying what's happening for Huddersfield/Hull ...then maybe they could have been kept behind for say 20/30 mins ...how did the majority travel last time I can't remember

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here