Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poker chip SWEETIES - any suggestions ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A small conundrum.
I'm getting a train to QPR on Saturday with some chums. We fancy a bit of a poker tournie on the journey there and back, and so intend commandeering a table for this purpose. None of us want to use loads of CHANGE to play with though, and I can't be arsed to hump a bag of poker chips around west London all day, only for some meat-head steward to confiscate them before I get through the turnstile. So we need a vaible alternative to poker chips, and I think SWEETS are the best option. But which ones ?

Fruit pastilles are out, as they'll go all furry and sticky
Maltesers are out, as obviously they'll roll all over the place
Wine gums are out, because I won't be able to resist eating them
Anything chocolate-coated is clearly going to have messy melting issues

The current favourites for the task are either Trebor Extra Strong mints (good for stacking), or maybe the fruit-flavoured Polo's (as everyone can have their own colour). But I'm open to suggestions. Over to the wise sages of NSC.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
D'Angelo Saxon said:
Surely a packed of Haribo jelly mix would be perfect for the occasion.
They'd get sticky very quickly though...
Bear in mind, I'm going to bag them up (in sandwich bags) between games, so I don't want to have to pick a big soft sticky BALL to bits for my chips on the journey home.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Artois said:
Chocolate coins?
Good shout. Can't think where I'd get them from though, they're not usually in the newsagents.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
do your chums know about this plan? sounds horrendously open to abuse if the confectionery is going to be assigned real monetary value...

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Love hearts. :love:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Moshe Gariani said:
do your chums know about this plan? sounds horrendously open to abuse if the confectionery is going to be assigned real monetary value...
They do.
Notes will be made at the end of each session as to who has how much. I'm tighter than a camels arse in a sandstorm, no-ones conning ME out of anything I can assure you.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Naah bollocks to that. Pen and paper just doesn't work for poker, not when you're checking/betting/raising and all that bollocks.
I'll be PISSED by Haywards Heath remember.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Easy 10 said:
They do.
Notes will be made at the end of each session as to who has how much. I'm tighter than a camels arse in a sandstorm, no-ones conning ME out of anything I can assure you.
fair enough... can just see it could get a bit messy later on...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here