Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Points from the rest of October

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Hull are a form team, Brum and the Hammers have picked up a bit. Millwall might be off their game but none of these will be easy. 7 points would be very ok - and anything averaging better than 2 points per game a hell of a turn around.

Agree we need Buckley and Hoskins to sharpen things up and benefit from Vicente coming into form. As usual it is our defence and midfield that might be our undoing. If Gus can get a better grip than of late then we may have a good chance of regaining our early season form. I like the idea of Vincelot alongside Bridcutt. However longer term I am not sure we have the talent in the back five to resist the better sides in the Championship without quality reinforcements. Wayne Bridge might be a useful start.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Hull imo is a really crucial game. If we win, I think we'll win against Millwall and that may give us a chance against WHU and Brum. If we lose against Hull though, everyone will feel under pressure which isn't necessarily a good thing...

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Would take 7 in a shot, but can see it being as little as 3. I think Millwall is obviously the most targetable game (and that will not be easy by any means) and possibly for some reason I fancy a point or a win against West Ham. Think we could be on our way to a hiding against Birmingham and Hull are in pretty terrifying form away from home. Would definitely take DWWL, but suspect DDDL.

There really are a lot of strong teams in this league aren't there. Off the back of Leicester/Leeds/Palace we consider Millwall as the most winnable game. Jesus.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
How many points in the rest of October? Well, some would do it for me!

Big time for us - results in October will go a long way towards answering the three big questions of the moment:
1). Was our brilliant start to the season a fluke?
2). Have recent results just been a temporary blip? or
3). Are the wheels coming off the Gus Bus?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
12,bunch of doubting thomases.Goals from Vicente in each game!:smokin::mad:

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
How many points in the rest of October? Well, some would do it for me!

Big time for us - results in October will go a long way towards answering the three big questions of the moment:

1) Maybe
2) Maybe
3) No way.......he's the best manager in this league by a mile, to get the players he got was a massive achievement, now it's their time to shine. I'll go for 5pts from the next 4 games. 7 or more would be a great achievement.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
We may have finally acknowledged the gaps but we've done absolutely nothing to plug them. No more than 5.

BHAryan

BHAryan
Feb 8, 2011
Worthing
Win, win, draw, win..optimistic but i think a couple of wins and we will be buzzing for west ham and birmingham. Come on albion

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
1-0 to the Albion

Hull imo is a really crucial game. If we win, I think we'll win against Millwall and that may give us a chance against WHU and Brum. If we lose against Hull though, everyone will feel under pressure which isn't necessarily a good thing...

Hull have a good manager in Pearson but they have trouble scoring goals and they don't seem to know how to rectify the goal famine, but they may try more direct play. 1-0 to the Albion, but I think it will be difficult.

Millwall, my tip for relegation, but all game away from home are tricky. 1-0 to the Albion.

West Ham weren't that good until they signed Lansbury. They will be up for this game. 1-0 to the Albion.

Birmingham on their own patch. I don't think it has been a happy hunting ground, but I don't rate Chris Hughton, so 1-0 to the Albion.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

1) Rub of the green and against poor sides
2) Recent opponents have been quality sides up for the game, and we played below par
3) I don't think the wheels are on properly and the best is yet to come

:cool:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here