Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pointless Football Clubs

Well I'm not going to close this thread. I could give you a 100 words on post-modern irony, or a pompous essay on the role of banter in the football community. But I can't be arsed.

All I'll say is that the answer to Cheeky Monkey's original question is ... Owd Seth.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Cerial Killer said:
I think all teams in admin are pretty pointless, they should just be put out of existance and give some other teams in the conference chance to play in the Football League.

You mean like us a few years back? (although technically we weren't in admin-merely facing numerous winding-up orders)

:shootself :shootself :shootself

Last edited:

SuperFurrySeagull

Sep 25, 2003
Cardiff By The Sea
Total Network Solutions, in the Welsh League.

I don't know the history of the club but possibly there's a genuine, decent football club beneath that ridiculous title & I have no desire to see them or any club cease to exist but, what on earth would you chant on the terrace?

Suggestions please...

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
no such thing as a pointless football club. they all have the right to play. as long as they can get at least 11 players.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
The matchroom stadium men.:lol:

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
SuperFurrySeagull said:
Total Network Solutions.

Total Network Solutions are the current leaders of the Welsh Premier League.

Founded in 1959, the club is based in Powys and used to be called Llansantffraid. They are nicknamed the Saints, and play at the 2,000 capacity Recreation Ground in Treflan.

Llansantffraid is a small village near Oswestry with a population of around 950.

The Saints first featured in European competition in 1996, and have been regulars in the UEFA Cup ever since.

I presume their fans chant 'TNS! TNS!' although I wouldn't swear to it.

:lolol: :p :lolol:

SuperFurrySeagull

Sep 25, 2003
Cardiff By The Sea
The Laughing Bluebird said:
Total Network Solutions are the current leaders of the Welsh Premier League.

Founded in 1959, the club is based in Powys and used to be called Llansantffraid. They are nicknamed the Saints, and play at the 2,000 capacity Recreation Ground in Treflan.

Llansantffraid is a small village near Oswestry with a population of around 950.

The Saints first featured in European competition in 1996, and have been regulars in the UEFA Cup ever since.

I presume their fans chant 'TNS! TNS!' although I wouldn't swear to it.

:lolol: :p :lolol:

I think Llansantffraid is a far superior name! Thanks TLB for the info though, I feel I've learnt something today.

:)

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
SuperFurrySeagull said:
Total Network Solutions, in the Welsh League.

Not at all. Even if they only exist so Jeff Stelling can crack his "They'll be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions" joke every Saturday.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Lord Bracknell said:
Well I'm not going to close this thread. I could give you a 100 words on post-modern irony, or a pompous essay on the role of banter in the football community. But I can't be arsed.

All I'll say is that the answer to Cheeky Monkey's original question is ... Owd Seth.
I'll be ironical and suggest that Brighton should now become a football free zone and hand itself over to all the new Brightonian bohemian yuppies. Lord Pr*cknell isn't that incredibly humorous and full of banter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If we are being serious, I wouldn't want to see any side go out of business and every club has a "point".

However, if we are not, the BRADFORD scum. They are as pointless as a very very blunt pencil, that has been used to write 100 lines on the theme of " I will not rise to the bait when the rumour starts that the prices at Falmer will be 25% higher than Withdean just to pay for the interest changes on the loans "

:lolol: :angel: :lol:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here