Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pointless Football Clubs

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
dave the gaffer said:
However, if we are not, the BRADFORD scum. They are as pointless as a very very blunt pencil, that has been used to write 100 lines on the theme of " I will not rise to the bait when the rumour starts that the prices at Falmer will be 25% higher than Withdean just to pay for the interest changes on the loans "

:lolol: :angel: :lol:

Quelle surprise

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yorkie

qu'êtes-vous étonné environ ? Que je déteste Bradford ou le final commentez ?

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
I cannot believe nobody has mentioned Leyton Orient.

Leyton Orient.

There, I did it.

They do have a point. The middle of division 3 (their natural home) would feel strange without them. In addition, it's always nice to stand on a terrace with 3,500 Albion, outnumber and outsing the home support and return home with 3 easy points - as we did in our last (ever) two visits there.

I'd plump for Macclesfield Town. They've had shit crowds for years now and they play at a crap stadium.

That said, there was one Saturday in 1998/9 when more people watched their league game than watched Man Utd's. Strange but true. (I think Utd were at Coventry, Macc were at Man City)

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Considering how much Brighton fans contributed to the fans of this club in fight to save their club, I think it is safe to nominate BURY FC as the most pointless club in the country.

I can never remember Bury being higher than div 2. I can never remember them gaining promotion, being in play-offs and to my knowledge their relegation a couple of years back was a first. I cannot think of a single player of any merit coming from, going to or playing for Bury. I can't think of the name of their ground, or point them out on a map even though I'm sure they're in greater Manchester and I lived in Manchester for two years. They have probably the shortest name in the league, which is special but also very very boring. Their chants must simply be bbbuuu-rrryyy over and over, which sounds to my ears incredibly monotonous and sleep-inducing. I'm pretty sure the only notable thing about our games with them a couple of years ago was a Zamora goal. We probably won boh games 2-0, I can't remember, they're very boring.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
I cannot believe nobody has mentioned Leyton Orient.

Leyton Orient.

There, I did it.

Err ...I think i did.:dunce:

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
'West London has three perfectly respectable community football clubs at Brentford, Fulham and QPR'

Thank you Lord Bracknell although I think you should have left the middle one out ;)

As for the recent comments about Bury, I have to say they are a club I have a soft spot for, save for the rare (these days) occasion we play them. Up until about 5 years ago, they were a first division team, somehow surviving at that level on very small gates. The season Man City were relegated to Div 2, Bury came down to us last game of the season having to win to stay up ... it was as though the whole of the place had turned out, large numbers in fancy dress, friendly banter...a really pleasant atmosphere... remember it so well cos it was the first game I took my son to ... we lost 1-0 but we were safe so weren't that bothered... Bury and their fans had a whale of a time.

As for them producing decent players, Chris Lucketti played for them as did Dean Kiely, now the Charlton goalkeeper.

Kalimantan Gull can't remember the name of Bury's ground.

Hmmm ... It was only recently that they put together a rescue package at Bury that involved selling seats to supporters. As I recall, about half of NSC bought a seat at Gigg Lane.

Maybe that's the point of Bury FC - Albion supporters own more of their stadium than we do of our own.

And they were brilliant hosts to our representatives on National Falmer Day, as the attached picture shows:-

attachment.php

Last edited:

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
My golf clubs are fairly pointless, seeing as I hate golf.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Thanks for reminding me the name of Bury's ground LB. Incidentally this is my seat:

Seat location:
Stand Main (North)
Block B
Row A
Seat 28

Registrant:
Simon Husson

checked out on http://www.foreverbury.co.uk.

I'm just waiting for someone to nominate Rochdale, so I can jump to their staunch defence, coz they're a club that means something to me. I guess the point of this thread is to prove that no clubs are pointless, all are pointfull (can that be a word?).

Anyway, thanks for pointing out the merits of Bury FC. Chris Lucketti eh? phew, imagine the world of football without Chris Lucketti:lolol:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Easy 10 said:
Just what I was thinking.
Not really the time to be dissing other clubs for no apparent reason - not when we're asking the fans of those "pointless" football clubs to write to JP in support of Falmer...

Here here. This got on to the Vale message board. Makes me cringe. :nono:

Kalimantan Gull said:
Thanks for reminding me the name of Bury's ground LB. Incidentally this is my seat:

Seat location:
Stand Main (North)
Block B
Row A
Seat 28

Registrant:
Simon Husson

checked out on http://www.foreverbury.co.uk.

I'm just waiting for someone to nominate Rochdale, so I can jump to their staunch defence, coz they're a club that means something to me. I guess the point of this thread is to prove that no clubs are pointless, all are pointfull (can that be a word?).

Anyway, thanks for pointing out the merits of Bury FC. Chris Lucketti eh? phew, imagine the world of football without Chris Lucketti:lolol:
Rochdale is a wonderful club.

Cheeky Monkey said:
Port Vale, what is the point? I've been wracking my brain but just can't think of a more pointless football club than the Vale. If they disappeared off the face of the planet tomorrow I don't think anyone, even Stoke fans, would notice. Anyone come up with any other nominees?

Just to even things up.........................................

Brighton & Hove Albion, what is the point? I've been wracking my brain but just can't think of a more pointless football club than the Albion. If they disappeared off the face of the planet tomorrow I don't think anyone, even Palace fans, would notice. Anyone come up with any other nominees?

and callmmmmmmmmmmmm

:drink: :drink:

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
I've been thinking about this for a couple of days and couldn't think of any league club that is pointless. The Vale are there to cater for those who can't stand Stoke.

If you really want to know pointless clubs - there is one on my doorstep - Withdean 2000. They don't have a ground, any fans and were only set up to take advantage of us playing at the colisseum that is Withdean.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here