Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

plymouth latest

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
just heard from a mate,who saw peter reid today,plymouth are going to be liquidated tom at noon,whay does this mean???

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
erm, it means that Plymouth are going to be liquidated tomorrow at noon, most probably. At a guess like.

Whether it's true is another matter...

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
If they go into liquidation that means they cease trading immediately and the appointed representative attempts to realise any assets to distribute to the creditors. They would cease to exist as a club.

I'd be very surprised if that is the case.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
will clubs have points deducted from them, for example us losing 6? if they do go under?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
will clubs have points deducted from them, for example us losing 6? if they do go under?

Yes it would, their results would be expunged and wiped from the record books, this happened last season to Chester City in the Conference.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003

yes! unless it happens after the end of the season.

either way I hope they survive

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
erm, it means that Plymouth are going to be liquidated tomorrow at noon, most probably. At a guess like.

Whether it's true is another matter...

well it was from the horses mouth so to speak, reidy had a good day yesterday at cheltenham

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
So who is going to start the thread "If Plymouth go under, the table will look like this" Im worried now!!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Hmmmm from memory (is crap at best of times), there had been six offers of which two were of substantial interest I think. Probably another friend of friend of friend of friend of friend of friend story.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Hmmmm from memory (is crap at best of times), there had been six offers of which two were of substantial interest I think. Probably another friend of friend of friend of friend of friend of friend story.

of course it is,made it up

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
What isn't made up is that if they are not purchased by 5pm tomorrow they will be wound up by the administrators. They really arn't an attractive business option, if someone does choose to purchase them then they really are not thinking with their head as that club will not turn a profit.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
From Plymouth Herald - 'Administrators from The P&A Partnership need an immediate six-figure sum to pay their firm's costs and help prop up the debt-ridden Pilgrims, with more than £2million thought to be required to drag Argyle until the end of the League One season.
The cash will buy the bidder a period of 'exclusivity' to do their due diligence in the takeover talks, its length dependent on how much money is made available.'

ffs six figure sum to pay administrators costs!!

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
same old same old

they'll be saved at last minute. All games part of getting best deal.
Yup that's what usually happens but it will be just our bloody luck that this time they WILL fold. Unlike Palace and Portsmouth (where I was desperately hoping that the profligate bastards would get wound up) this time I really want Plymouth to pull through - and not just for the six points although I'd be lying if I said that wasn't a factor.

The rule is the big clubs survive and the small clubs go bust and reform. Are Plymouth big enough to survive?

Olebut

Nov 4, 2010
Gloucestershire
If they remove points from thsoe that beat Plymouth that would give an unfair advantage to the teams that lost to them ( which is as stupid as deducting points from a team that runs into financial trouble and punishes the players , the fans and the staff but not the board, oh so it will probably happen) so I doubt they will do anything.

I hope Plymouth survice of course, but does it not again show that the fit and proper person test does not work. I wonder how many teams owned by foreign based people or companies are not one step away from following Plymouth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here