Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** PLEASE READ *** - Albion Demo - Lib Dem Conference - Sun 17 September

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I'll certainly be there and will bring the mrs along too whether she likes it or not.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
We'll be there

Don't let the B***ards grind you down.

One last push - let's make sure we all get there, and let's get all family and friends there too.

If HALF the people that went to Cardiff go what a result that would be!

Kent Seagull said:
All folks as come to Sussex
Must follow Sussex wyas,
And when they've larned
to know us well
There's no place else
they'd wish to dwell
In all their blessed days.
There ant no place like Sussex
Until you goes Above,
But Sussex will be Sussex,
And Sussex won't be druv!

Excellent, I have lived half my life outside Brighton, northerners and Londoners have wondered why my accent doesn't conform with @cockney@ ............................

because for my first 20 years I have larnt to speak like every other mucker in Sussex:clap: :lolol:

LC

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Marc said:
PS "We wun't be druv" is Sussex dialect and almost a motto for the county.

OK this is just crap! Half of Sussex dont know what the f*** that means so how on EARTH are people outside Sussex gonna know?! They will just laugh...of all the slogans in the world why?!

Surely something like:
Lib Dems from Lewes = Anti-Football & Anti-Childrens Future

hits home harder than that......thing above!

just my two pence worth.

Agreed, slogan on the leaflet is bloody stupid. I didn't have a clue what it meant, and my dad Sussex born and bred, 70 years old was completely confused too!!

Guess it won't make any difference to the turn out, but it did rather stand out as someone who'd lost the plot.

But I'm sure we'll all still be there. druvving or not druvving or whatever!!!!!! :D

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I'll be there. Cant wait, I will shout until I'm hoarse until those bastards get the message.

I know we all have our differences on manager, players and tactics. But on this we are one. Up the Albion and Falmer, down with Lewes Lib Dems. I'll be so proud on the day wearing my shirt.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Paddy and Callum will be there.

My daughter has somewhere else to be otherwise all five of us would be there..

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Starry said:
Paddy and Callum will be there.

My daughter has somewhere else to be otherwise all five of us would be there..

admit it, you and paddy are really brighton fans in diguise

LOL

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Giraffe said:
Agreed, slogan on the leaflet is bloody stupid. I didn't have a clue what it meant, and my dad Sussex born and bred, 70 years old was completely confused too!!

It is more than a tad obscure, has to be said. Doubt anybody's said 'We Wun't Be Druv' in anger since the sixteenth century, and even then they were probably pissed. Still, just as long as people turn up in their druvs.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Giraffe said:

Guess it won't make any difference to the turn out, but it did rather stand out as someone who'd lost the plot.

But I'm sure we'll all still be there. druvving or not druvving or whatever!!!!!! :D

Not sure thephrase is that unkown. My family and I have known this expression and used it all my life . (Coming up to 65 and Sussex Born and Bred.)

Anyway, I sure won't be druv and will be there on Sunday

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Giraffe said:

CALL YOURSELF A MAN OF SUSSEX?

Shame on you.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.

I've got my banner sorted.......

Fuck_Off.png

Dandyman

In London village.
Tom Hark said:
It is more than a tad obscure, has to be said. Doubt anybody's said 'We Wun't Be Druv' in anger since the sixteenth century, and even then they were probably pissed. Still, just as long as people turn up in their druvs.

The several thousand people involved in Lewes Bonfire know what it means as do LDC and Norman Baker.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Bit pissed off with The Argus today, instead of my usla habit of going straight to section 2 of the classifieds I read the 2 page spread on 2/3 about the Lib Dem conference and what was happening.

Not a single word about the march.

Wankers.

CoventrySeagull

Jul 7, 2003
Back in HANGLETON
Mr C said:
I'll be there in spirit... being 5000 miles away and not able to travel does put a downer on things really!

Glad someone explained this whole "druv" thing, cos I'd no fecking idea what on earth it meant - never heard it in my life before!

Hope it all goes well :clap:

I'll be there in person... only 150 miles approx though. Down in Brighton (my first trip down by road!!!) for Orient game & staying over on Sat.

Best regards J + C & family

SEAAAA-GULLSSSSSS!!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here