Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Please, no balloons etc at Liverpool.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
"Grow a back bone" "drums and ultras" "lack pride" - we're talking about a few balloons at our biggest game of the season at one of the most historic football stadiums in the world. You need to get a sense of perspective and quit all this macho hyperbole.

Do they? Do they really not know? Is there anyone who has to be fed EVERY 45 minutes who does not realise why they are overweight? And what has eating a pie at half time got to do with pride, back bone or the subject of this thread?

You really need to get this chip off your shoulder. Mind you, your username kind of suggests it's a preoccupation with you.

Not often I agree with Noodles, but THIS.

me too :thumbsup:

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Don't laugh, my wife has suggested it would be funny if we both went dressed as cats, she has even looked on ebay for costumes :facepalm:

OH PLEASE.

I'm also very tempted to buy balloons or inflatable seagulls, purely because of the OP.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Pot Noodles, you make the other viewpoints viewpoint for us. Its not the cup final in 1983 or the Charity Shield in 1910, its just the scousers away. If you turn up in your jester hat and balloons, then the scousers will quite rightly patronise you, as will tv. But its up to you, just dont whine when all the press pat you on the head nicely and go, aw shucks didnt they have the day of their lives.

ijcr28gyc2jze.png

Was it the Toon cup final before?

Drakey

Oct 15, 2010
Hove/Hangleton border
"Tweet": BHAFC want to turn Anfield blue & white so look what I just found on eBay ebay.co.uk/itm/50-x-Blue-… Please RT to make this happen [/url]

haha, Tommy Elphick, Paul Camillin (Head of Media at Brighton & Hove Albion), Seagull Songs & Eddie Young all just retweeted the above to their combined thousands of followers!

Anfield is going to be awash with blue & white balloons, quality!

Feb 14, 2010
View attachment 30259

Was it the Toon cup final before?

I have no idea but you have made me laugh out load. I do hope that he has done that for a stag do or some special occasion like dressing up for cricket.

I suppose that coming on a football site and saying what lots of football fans think and certainly lots of non football fans are thinking was a foolhardy thing to do. Thing is tho, lots of people, me included do think that football shirts are ill fitting, horrible and look stupidly absurd.

I would go as far to say that football shirts are a curse on modern society and yes, I do wish that people would carry themselves around a bit smarter like in the 30's/40's and 50's. Im not sure what happened, people had less money then but dressed and behaved better. How did it become acceptable for men to dress and behave like children? But there we are, it is these days.

I know I will get flamed for this as its a bit like going to meet the Pope and saying you dont believe in God i suppose. Enjoy Liverpool and I'm not dictating to anyone, but I personally do not see the need for a nylon blue/white top, jester hat and a flag. I also personally think it is cringeworthy, but there are lots of things you have to put up with in life and that is fair enough.

Jan 30, 2008
I have no idea but you have made me laugh out load. I do hope that he has done that for a stag do or some special occasion like dressing up for cricket.

I suppose that coming on a football site and saying what lots of football fans think and certainly lots of non football fans are thinking was a foolhardy thing to do. Thing is tho, lots of people, me included do think that football shirts are ill fitting, horrible and look stupidly absurd.

I would go as far to say that football shirts are a curse on modern society and yes, I do wish that people would carry themselves around a bit smarter like in the 30's/40's and 50's. Im not sure what happened, people had less money then but dressed and behaved better. How did it become acceptable for men to dress and behave like children? But there we are, it is these days.

I know I will get flamed for this as its a bit like going to meet the Pope and saying you dont believe in God i suppose. Enjoy Liverpool and I'm not dictating to anyone, but I personally do not see the need for a nylon blue/white top, jester hat and a flag. I also personally think it is cringeworthy, but there are lots of things you have to put up with in life and that is fair enough.

no need to justify yourself,there's plenty of people with your views who simply don't post or can't be bothered with this sort of thing, believe me :)

Feb 14, 2010
I'm still waiting for the official line on my Fred Perry, although I might just risk it, it'll be cold so i'll have a coat on hopefully i'll get away with it.

Ah no, I did reply to this in a "Dear Deardrie style". Was close to your post.

(In case the passionate football shirt loving posters read it then will spell it out..my reply is mildly whimsical and meant to be read in that fashion)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here