Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Please, no balloons etc at Liverpool.

Mr LBX

Banned
Feb 3, 2012
Palace Fan
Oh Yes, this ones your Cup Final, i wonder if you could pull off what we done 11 years ago By Beating the Dirty Scousers on their own patch.

Ah no, I did reply to this in a "Dear Deardrie style". Was close to your post.

(In case the passionate football shirt loving posters read it then will spell it out..my reply is mildly whimsical and meant to be read in that fashion)

yes I saw the reply, but I needed something a bit more 'official', I've emailed the club but no one's replied, and as for my email to Kofi Annan's office, I just got a curt reply from his secretary demanding, and I quote "stop wasting his time"

Feb 14, 2010
yes I saw the reply, but I needed something a bit more 'official', I've emailed the club but no one's replied, and as for my email to Kofi Annan's office, I just got a curt reply from his secretary demanding, and I quote "stop wasting his time"

I can't believe the UN Security Council are not sending in moderators to sort this issue out as well. They seem to be wasting time on Syria instead. Still we left the space hopper behind and I have every faith in you.

I can't believe the UN Security Council are not sending in moderators to sort this issue out as well. They seem to be wasting time on Syria instead. Still we left the space hopper behind and I have every faith in you.

ah, now about taking a Space Hopper, as regular readers will know, i'm a fortysomething, but f*** a chicken, If Space Hoppers are good enough for The Beautiful South, they're good enough for me

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
Also should we all keep silent ? After all we don't want Liverpool fans to hear our soft southern accents!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I suppose that coming on a football site and saying what lots of football fans think and certainly lots of non football fans are thinking was a foolhardy thing to do. Thing is tho, lots of people, me included do think that football shirts are ill fitting, horrible and look stupidly absurd.

I would go as far to say that football shirts are a curse on modern society and yes, I do wish that people would carry themselves around a bit smarter like in the 30's/40's and 50's. Im not sure what happened, people had less money then but dressed and behaved better. How did it become acceptable for men to dress and behave like children? But there we are, it is these days.

I know I will get flamed for this as its a bit like going to meet the Pope and saying you dont believe in God i suppose. Enjoy Liverpool and I'm not dictating to anyone, but I personally do not see the need for a nylon blue/white top, jester hat and a flag. I also personally think it is cringeworthy, but there are lots of things you have to put up with in life and that is fair enough.

old_fashioned_mens_suits.jpg

Working class pride is about to set off for the Amex to witness a game of Association Football, but pauses to ponder whether or not to wear his bobble hat.

SeagullSam

Feb 12, 2009
Bromley
If I see a single balloon I shall simply have to go home, it will just ruin the whole day as we wil be seen as tinpot- No balloons will show everyone we are a huge club who are way to good for small time balloons

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
I fear the OP's gonna be disappointed. Thousands of blue and white balloons are going to take flight as the teams come out. Come on You Stripes!

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
If I see a single balloon I shall simply have to go home, it will just ruin the whole day as we wil be seen as tinpot- No balloons will show everyone we are a huge club who are way to good for small time balloons

i know of a few balloons that are on their way to anfield ... hope the wind blows them up the pitch and into the kop end!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I have no idea but you have made me laugh out load. I do hope that he has done that for a stag do or some special occasion like dressing up for cricket.

I suppose that coming on a football site and saying what lots of football fans think and certainly lots of non football fans are thinking was a foolhardy thing to do. Thing is tho, lots of people, me included do think that football shirts are ill fitting, horrible and look stupidly absurd.

I would go as far to say that football shirts are a curse on modern society and yes, I do wish that people would carry themselves around a bit smarter like in the 30's/40's and 50's. Im not sure what happened, people had less money then but dressed and behaved better. How did it become acceptable for men to dress and behave like children? But there we are, it is these days.

I know I will get flamed for this as its a bit like going to meet the Pope and saying you dont believe in God i suppose. Enjoy Liverpool and I'm not dictating to anyone, but I personally do not see the need for a nylon blue/white top, jester hat and a flag. I also personally think it is cringeworthy, but there are lots of things you have to put up with in life and that is fair enough.

I bet you're great fun at parties.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I'll tell you what Liverpool fans will think: They'll think they are playing a newly-promoted side in the League Championship and seeing as the odds are heavily stacked against us, this is effectively our cup final. We're taking 6,000 fans for Christ's sake. Why try to pretend that it isn't a big deal? All this too cool for school bollocks is fooling no-one.

No mate, the souse fans that know about football will remember us in the top flight, remember the battle for the goldstone and no mate, the Charity Shiled 1910 and the FA Cup final were our cup finals. This is Liverpool away in the FA Cup.

I work in Liverpool and have done for ten years and most the Liverpool fans I know wouldn't even know what division we are in. All this "knowledgable fans" stuff is just bollocks I'm afraid. Anfield these days is full of day trippers in shiny new scarfs.

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne
right, personally i really don't care what you think about Balloons, i have just ordered 100 Blue, 100 white from Ebay, and they will be coming to Anfield with me and my Inflatable seagull. Might dig out my Inflatable FA cup as well.

Yes i will be wearing colours and i am in mi mid 30's.

I will be supporting my team as i have done for ages, as i do on every Home & nearly every away game.

I will wear my Hat and Scarf as well, and if anyone thinks i am a ****, that is there opinion, and i would be happy to discuss this with them personally.

Good lad!! I wont be there :( but hope the fans / team does us proud!

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
I bet you're great fun at parties.

if I'm not mistaken, [MENTION=2095]Commander[/MENTION], [MENTION=15922]Working class pride[/MENTION] is the old lady downstairs with the walking stick against the ceiling.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011

Looks like you are going home then... I reckon there is approx. 1850 ballons ordered on this thread alone. Along with the tweets and thousands that don't go on NSC, there should be about 10,000 plus the inflatable beach balls, seagulls, doll, blue and white striped cats and 2 fancy dress cats, it should look great on TV! :D:clap::albion2:

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
We are playing LIVERPOOL, yes we may not be tinpot and yes we are on the up BUT Liverpool are one of the most successful teams in world football and a lot bigger than us. Who gives a shit what other people think, stop pretending you dont care because tbh this is our cup final so just go and enjoy your self.

haven't got an ebay account but heres a few more idea's to ruin Bigbelly trip:

heres a inflatable ball to keep in the air for just £1.75, there's 10 more in stock lets try and get all of them to Anfield :lolol:
eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

5 quid for a MASSIVE beach ball
42" Giant Garden / Beach Ball / Swimming Pool Party Inflatable | eBay

and heres a link to a ebay search ''inflatables'' if you just scroll down the page there are loads of inflatables that would look good being thrown up in the air at anfield.
inflatable | eBay

Heres the ruining the OP's day!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here