Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

please enlighten me re; ryan harley

theyellowdinosaur

Nov 29, 2011
As rubbish as he was in the second half yesterday i thought first half he was as good as the rest of the team.Seems to me that a lot of people on here need a scapegoat and harley is it,Taricco and El-bad we're both to blame for all the goals yesterday and the so called messiah(Mackail-smith)missed two sitters,i couldn't believe my ears when after he missed an open goal with an air shot the crowd started singing his name!!

Right then you can take his place but you have to do all the running and get the goals.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Well I wasn't ...can't speak for others ... I thought the point of the thread was to pass criticism (good or bad) on Harley

Plenty of Albion players have been dubbed as shit, only to go on and prove people wrong.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
It would appear that most fans detest him and have basically now decided he is not good enough. However I think he could be a great player for us given time. I kind of understand why people detest paynter, not being our player and all, but Harley I don't get. Half a season of the odd game here and there is hardly enough time to judge a player.

Part of me thinks we aren't playing to his strengths, as I think he's a box to box attack minded player but he's been deployed a lot deeper. I guess time will tell but I think all the stick he is getting is a little harsh.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Harley needs more time to shine. I remember Navarro being derided in his first few months with us, nobody gave him a chance. Everyone was surprised when Gus brought him back in and he proved a very good player.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
so after all the fuss about him last year and loosing out to swansea for his signature, what was all the fuss about ...? most of you seem to think he's a PLANK , not championship standard...? at least he sucked brendan rogers in as well not just gus.........:moo:

Gus seems to be signing out of form players on the cheap hoping or gambling that they will find form with us, it is clearly not a good strategy

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Harley needs more time to shine. I remember Navarro being derided in his first few months with us, nobody gave him a chance. Everyone was surprised when Gus brought him back in and he proved a very good player.

Navarro was ok in the 3rd division but not good enough for this one

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here