Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

please enlighten me re; ryan harley

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
so after all the fuss about him last year and loosing out to swansea for his signature, what was all the fuss about ...? most of you seem to think he's a PLANK , not championship standard...? at least he sucked brendan rogers in as well not just gus.........:moo:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
so after all the fuss about him last year and loosing out to swansea for his signature, what was all the fuss about ...? most of you seem to think he's a PLANK , not championship standard...? at least he sucked brendan rogers in as well not just gus.........:moo:

Did he though?.Rogers never even played him.To be honest i thought he started ok at Reading but faded very badly in the 2nd half.I still think he has the ability to play at this level but if we will ever see it is another matter.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
he is slowest player on the ball i have ever seen.

that style obviously works in league 1 (hence we won the league playing that way) but sadly, not in the championship. Just need Vicente or Dicker fit to put Harley on the bench I guess.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Played ok at Reading, no more. Have seen most of the games he's played in and at the mlment not good enough.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
He's doing a great job. Brighton fans always need somebody to whinge about.

chimp.jpg

Last edited:

pwlr1966

Aug 7, 2011
If he took his stilettos off and stopped mincing about i might change my opinion of him..... not impressed so far

nick c

Mar 29, 2008
bn26
As rubbish as he was in the second half yesterday i thought first half he was as good as the rest of the team.Seems to me that a lot of people on here need a scapegoat and harley is it,Taricco and El-bad we're both to blame for all the goals yesterday and the so called messiah(Mackail-smith)missed two sitters,i couldn't believe my ears when after he missed an open goal with an air shot the crowd started singing his name!!

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
As rubbish as he was in the second half yesterday i thought first half he was as good as the rest of the team.Seems to me that a lot of people on here need a scapegoat and harley is it,Taricco and El-bad we're both to blame for all the goals yesterday and the so called messiah(Mackail-smith)missed two sitters,i couldn't believe my ears when after he missed an open goal with an air shot the crowd started singing his name!!

Fair points....but then the entire team were rubbish in the first half which makes Harley rubbish for the whole game.

D

Deleted member 18477

He is dire! Give me Bridcutt, dicker, Navarro, Vicente, sparrow and JFC anyday of the week over Harley!

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
I thought he played well in the first half. Some nice passes and competed for the ball.

Second half he faded and didn't show for the ball enough, plus he dithered on the edge of their area.

People are being a bit harsh on his shot though, it fell to him on his weaker foot.

I think the trouble is that he is 26 and so is no longer a player with potential but rather should be close to his peak. Unfortunately although I think he is capable of playing some nice football, I am beginning to think that he is a quality league one player and a bit of a passenger at this level as he isn't consistent enough over 90 minutes.

He certainly isn't anywhere near as good as Elliot Bennett, and if we are honest we are crying out for someone who can pick a killer pass/have a crack from 30 yards.

It's a shame, I can see why we signed Harley, but he needs to pull his finger out.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
ye i saw yur example of his first game...lets take that one out of the equation and i think it stacks up...like we could take CMS (on thin ice here)..he seems to be getting worse..:)

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Time for the apologists to just admit this is a level too high for Ryan Harley. He needs more time on the ball gtham he gets in this division. Time and time again he lost control or was tackled due to being harried quickly by Reading. And I am still waiting to see this quality passing game some seem to think he posseses, unless simple sideways efforts are what they mean?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here