Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Please don't give MURRAY any JIP on Saturday

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If anyone near me boos him, I will personally tell them to shut the f*** up.

Murray may well be in the middle of weighing his options...I imagine getting booed by his CURRENT team's fans could sway him one way or another, if he doesn't feel wanted here?

Also, a number of THICKETS already made themselves look like utter TOSSERS a couple of seasons ago, booing him for the disgraceful crime of having some very complicated personal problems. Don't make yourself look a prat again.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
or they are rightfully pissed off that he has chosen to go to Crystal Palace ?
How do you know he has chosen to go to Palace? All I have seen is that they are sniffing around and may have made an offer. That is not the same as agreeing to leave is it. As the first poster says, don't give him stick unless or until he actually goes.

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
Agree with WJ. Don't think there will be any abuse though, Bennett was cheered at Watford after handing in a transfer request so don't think people will turn on Murray on the basis of some rumours

You have to admit this is a little different. Norwich are not a rival and were/are on the verge of the Prem. Palace... well, you know the rest.

He has 3 days to nullify this rumour. If he doesn't, BOOOOOOO!!!!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Why would anyone want to boo Murray over a headline on a sky sports website? Unless I've missed something in the last hour nothing has been put in the public domain to suggest that this is a real story. Also Murray is out of contract at the end of the season so he can do what he likes.

However on saturday I want him to score the goals that win us the title. He's been brilliant this season and deserves our thanks.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Murray's agent is an idiot for this reaching Sky with 5 matches of the season still to go. At least the Calderon story was after the domestic season had ended.

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames

Murray may well be in the middle of weighing his options...I imagine getting booed by his CURRENT team's fans could sway him one way or another, if he doesn't feel wanted here?

Also, a number of THICKETS already made themselves look like utter TOSSERS a couple of seasons ago, booing him for the disgraceful crime of having some very complicated personal problems. Don't make yourself look a prat again.

Chill out or someone might tell you to shut the f*** up.

Chucky20

Jan 25, 2011
Woodingdean
Anyone would have forgot we got promoted last night.. we should be revelling in that, not on some shitty rumour!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You have to admit this is a little different. Norwich are not a rival and were/are on the verge of the Prem. Palace... well, you know the rest.

He has 3 days to nullify this rumour. If he doesn't, BOOOOOOO!!!!

You're right. It is different. We KNOW Bennett wanted to go. We have no idea either way on this one. There would've been much more justification for booing Bennett (still very little).

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
Nope, no wind up, I just think that Murray can easily counter this rumour if it has no basis ? I wouldn't personally BOOOOOO him, but it wouldn't annoy me if people did.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Chill out or someone might tell you to shut the f*** up.

Sorry, sometimes people being unbelievably THICK in a way that is counterproductive towards the club annoys me, strange I know.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
You're right. It is different. We KNOW Bennett wanted to go. We have no idea either way on this one. There would've been much more justification for booing Bennett (still very little).

Exactly.

The club aren't going to make statements after every single rumour that goes round, so people declaring that there must be an annoucement made asap are way off the mark in my opinion.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Nope, no wind up, I just think that Murray can easily counter this rumour if it has no basis ? I wouldn't personally BOOOOOO him, but it wouldn't annoy me if people did.

By this logic, every player always needs to make a statement every time any of them are ever linked to any club. Correct?

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire

Absolutely. Booing would be totally wrong and possibly (if there's a smidge of truth to the story on SSN) push him out. I will be CHEERING Glenn Murray, so he bags the championship-winning goal.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

YOU may not know. Others who choose to boo him may actually know for sure. What you gonna do then?

I sincerely hope those on here saying they think booing is justified are on a wind up. Murray hasn't yet signed a new contract, and has (somewhat inevitably) been linked with other clubs, including our rivals. So what? As others have pointed out, Bennett slapped in a transfer request earlier in the season yet still gets cheered to the rafters.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I really am struggling to believe that people are genuinely turning on our top goal scorer and in most people's cases, one of the top 3 players of the season, just because of a small article with no credible source saying he might be on his way. Flabbergasted doesn't begin to sum it up. Couple this with the bitching about the pitch invasion and the PA annoucements, ridiculous

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Without Murray we wouldn't have been promoted this season, but oh well let's boo the prick as there is a rumour going round he might be moving clubs...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here