Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pleasantly surprised

quizzicaleyebrow

Mar 10, 2011
we have one of the away followers here saying even they found it a bit soft/weird.

Weird, yep. Dunno about soft. If I have the choice between being applauded by some nice Sussex folk or getting a double wanker sign from a 9-year-old at Leeds I'll take the applause thanks. :D

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
First, I have *never* been applauded by a set of opposition fans simply for turning up. There is such a thing as being TOO nice, you know. :)

We stopped doing this pretty swiftly after the beginning of the season and prefer booing now, but I think we were all rather impressed by the following considering the distance. I, for one, didn't mind applauding just that once. :)

Glad you enjoyed your day!

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I think over 2000 from up north is fantastic, but I dont think that is the only way the fans were applauded, it was
because of the football that was played (by both teams). The ball was on the floor and both teams wanted to win, what's
not to applaud?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Nice comments, cheers and I must try that trip up to the beacon for the view of the Amex.
It is the only view from which it looks like it's in the middle of an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, hey that's Sussex for you.

But as said, it also enhances an AONB.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Smell was around before and after the game, and I've not noticed it before.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
It most certainly has been there before. At the last two games at least, its chucked up down by the station. Yesterday was the worst though. Whatever it was, was fuckin gut wrenching.....Pooooh!:eek:

I was standing behind Questions & he let rip a really disgusting fart. While maybe not the cause of the problem he certanly made a large contribution.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was standing behind Questions & he let rip a really disgusting fart. While maybe not the cause of the problem he certanly made a large contribution.

Thought [MENTION=38]Beach Hut[/MENTION] attributed the smell to [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] and his cooked Breakfasts.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

FLOG GNAW

Banned
Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.
The first team (appart from P*lace) not to be clapped was Burnley IIRC.

'Boro were the first team since then to be clapped.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Think it might have something to do with sales of beer and pies being 400% higher than originally forecast.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here