Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pleasantly surprised

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
That smell around the station has been there from day 1, definitely worse some days than others, but has always been there.

I much prefer booing the away attendance, no matter how good the game is or how nice the away fans have been. Love a good boo.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I had always assumed, probably incorrectly, that there was a sewerage treatment plant at the Southern Water place. I had noticed the smell before when walking to the ground from the Hikers Rest and it was strongest when you come up the steps walking towards the station.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Guy I work with went from Glasgow to the game as well. He is a Boro fan and commented that it was 'the best stadium he had ever been to in the UK'. There you go, it's official!

I thoroughly enjoyed the game and thought it was a near 90 minutes of quality. We were second best in the possession stakes but created more chances than Boro. 18 points from the remaining 6 games should do it.

TNBA

TTF

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
It's not a one-off problem! No-one is quite sure what causes the stink.

There are plans to fill in the corners, btw, and add an upper tier to the East Stand - most of the expansion will be completed for next season, providing the club gets planning permission.

I think we all know what causes the stink!

and as this is obiously a bit of love in, can I just say how pleasantly suprised i was with Boro. Always had the impresssion that Tony Mowbray was a bit of a " dour, back to basics" manager, but I could watch that team play like that all day. They were very good - especia;;y impressedwith the bloke who scored, and well done for getting the central white band back on your shirts - made me wonder whatever happened to Graeme Souness

Last edited:

BearwoodSeagull

Feb 2, 2012
Chalkhouse Green, Oxon
I beg to differ. That smell has been there after nearly every home game. It's wafting up through the Foul-water Inspection Chambers, and is usually a sign that there is a blockage causing the effluent to back up in the pipes. I would offer to clear it, but I think the waste from 20,000 fans might be more than my sets of drain rods could handle. Better call in Dyno-Rod. ( N.B.- other drain clearing companies are available )

Strange... Boro game was the first time I've noticed it...

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
It is there pretty much every home game and was not a one off I'm afraid to say. It kicks up a bit more than usual somedays compared to others.

Ive never noticed it before but it did chuck up on saturday.Perhaps some palace fans were down for a look at a competetive team.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I think we all know what causes the stink!

and as this is obiously a bit of love in, can I just say how pleasantly suprised i was with Boro. Always had the impresssion that Tony Mowbray was a bit of a " dour, back to basics" manager, but I could watch that team play like that all day. They were very good - especia;;y impressedwith the bloke who scored, and well done for getting the central white band back on your shirts - made me wonder whatever happened to Graeme Souness

The bloke who scored was Liam Bridcutt... No matter what Marvin Emnes claims!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I was standing behind Questions & he let rip a really disgusting fart. While maybe not the cause of the problem he certanly made a large contribution.

I`ve always been a contributor.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here