Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PlayStation 3 delayed until 2007 (in Europe)

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Announces New March 2007 date for European Launch of PLAYSTATION 3

No change in launch date for Japan and North America

London, Wednesday 6 September 2006 – Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) today announced that it would revise the launch date of its PLAYSTATION® 3 computer entertainment system in the PAL territories of Europe, Russia, Middle East, Africa and Australasia from 17th November 2006, as previously announced to March 2007.

Launch dates for Japan and North America will remain the same, which are November 11th and November 17th respectively.

The revision of the launch date in the SCEE territories is caused by the delay in the mass production schedule of the blue laser diode within the Sony Group, thus affecting the timely procurement of key components to be utilised in PLAYSTATION 3.

The previously announced PLAYSTATION 3 shipment forecast of 6 million units globally within the fiscal year ending 2007 is not changed.

Yoda

English & European
Skint Gull said:
Don't count on it, i'm sure it was supposed to be released March of this year or maybe even earlier than that! :nono: I got bored of waiting and bought a 360 instead!

Yep! Something like that. It was due for release about 2 months after the 360.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Bored waiting. Bought me a 360.

Anyone got any game recommendations? I got Perfect Dark and Far Cry with it

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Another Berkshire Seagull said:
:shootself

The 360 will own HD gaming by the time PS3 ships.

Even when PS3 ships you'll have to shell out an extra 40 quid for a cable to get HD, whichever version of the console you buy. I mean spending over double the 360's cost and still no HD :lolol: Sony you have screwed up this launch so badly. :dunce:

It'll still sell shedloads purely on reputation and brand. The longer the delay the more hyped it gets. They will have no problems whatsoever.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Bluejuice said:
Bored waiting. Bought me a 360.

Anyone got any game recommendations? I got Perfect Dark and Far Cry with it

I have Prey, Oblivion, Tomb Raider and the Table Tennis game for mine.

Apart from Tomb Raider - which is ok but not brilliant, I would recommend them all.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Bang goes my Christmas spending money. Had planned to buy 3, then sell them on eBay for silly money.

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
I'm defecting to xbox. You just know microsoft are going to cut the price of the unit and games just before the ps3 launch.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
brightonfan_86 said:
Actually I'm quite happy with this news.

you have to put WHY you are pleased Kevin , reasoning innit :cool:

and i'm not really bothered about the PS3 at the moment , didn't like the price , the launch games expected or the vicious rumours about games working only on one machine and being £60 so i might give it a miss

where as the Wii the controller looks shit , so i might buy a 360 at the end of the month (nearlly bought one today as i might have to miss a couple of Albion games due to college) and have a big pay packet due to the ammount of overtime i've worked. :cool:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Meh.

Not fussed at all. Nothing on the PS3 will top Guitar Hero anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here