Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PlayStation 3 delayed until 2007 (in Europe)

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Yoda said:
You just know Microsoft will release their plans for their new Xbox console around the PS3 launch date now. :lolol:
being XBP , the handheld version , hope so i really do..

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
brightonfan_86 said:
Let say next year if they bring out Guitar Hero for the PS3, will that change your mind?
Probably not. What could they do on a PS3 version that they can't already do on the PS2 ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
brightonfan_86 said:
Wireless Guitar? not sure mate never played Guitar Hero, but if they did bring it out a new version for the PS3 I expect it will be alot different to the PS2.
I like having the wire. I pretend its plugged into an amp.

If they made it radically different, with a new guitar (maybe with strings instead of buttons) then perhaps it'd be worthwhile. But if all they did was soup up the graphics a bit, then that wouldn't be enough to grab me.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Easy 10 said:
Probably not. What could they do on a PS3 version that they can't already do on the PS2 ?

Downloadable songs. 1000s of 'em. ALL your favourites.

That's what Sony are doing with SingStar anyway.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Wozza said:
Downloadable songs. 1000s of 'em. ALL your favourites.

That's what Sony are doing with SingStar anyway.
Dunno much about Singstar to be honest.
But I'm not convincde it'd be as simple as just downloading a song into it. Its certainly not that simlpe on GH at the moment - they have to adapt the track to the game, set the notes, set up the varying difficulty levels (ie number of notes to play), the tempo of it etc etc etc.

I dream of the day of simply downloading any song I like into a game like GH, but I don't think we'll be there yet, not even on the PS3.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
What is the ps3 going to retail at?.Just before its release (probably at £300) microsoft will slash the price of the xbox 360 .I really think microsoft are going to get the upper hand here.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Easy 10 said:
Dunno much about Singstar to be honest.
But I'm not convincde it'd be as simple as just downloading a song into it. Its certainly not that simlpe on GH at the moment - they have to adapt the track to the game, set the notes, set up the varying difficulty levels (ie number of notes to play), the tempo of it etc etc etc.

I dream of the day of simply downloading any song I like into a game like GH, but I don't think we'll be there yet, not even on the PS3.

The developers adapt the tracks. You download them.

That's what is happening with Singstar - and will eventually happen with Guitar Hero, believe me.

Microsoft, Sony etc are well into downloadable content (with micro payments).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here