Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Players you haven't heard of for years but are still playing professional football

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
Gifton Noel-Williams still plays in America I think

Looks like Gifton may have hung up his boots with DFW Tornados of the USL Premier Development League in 2010 (source Wikipedia). Didn't he have something like 9 kids ?

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Who was that Cypriot midfielder we had a few years back called Alexis something? Had one decent season before turning to shit and I've heard nothing of him since.

Alexis Nicolas. Went back to cyrprus, not seen since. We got him of Chelsea on a free and was another player that was said to promise so much but delivered little

Remembering Alexis's that have played for the Albion. What about this chap . . . .

Alexis Bertin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

he was quite useful and felt a bit let down he didn't want to sign.

Last edited:

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
He was but did anyone else ever come across a little Greek wonderkid called Antonio Skalidis? Think he starts at Greek side Chania and is an 18 yr old either footed goal machine of epic proportions.

Off the ball, movement, positioning, pace, finishing and heading all @ 20.

If you scout him when you start the 01/02 3.9.68 and then declare your interest in him thusly he becomes disallusioned and you can normally pick him up for £100k.

Doesn't ring a bell but I always found it funny when old players would get regenerated had a young Ukrainian at the Albion called "Sammy Shevchenko". :lol:

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Ryan Harley

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
He was but did anyone else ever come across a little Greek wonderkid called Antonio Skalidis? Think he starts at Greek side Chania and is an 18 yr old either footed goal machine of epic proportions.

Off the ball, movement, positioning, pace, finishing and heading all @ 20.

If you scout him when you start the 01/02 3.9.68 and then declare your interest in him thusly he becomes disallusioned and you can normally pick him up for £100k.

Skalidis.JPG

Good call. :clap: Never come across him before. Come on big man, you got any more up your sleeve?!

Last I saw, Marcus Bent was playing under Simon McMenemy (Former Worthing assistant and Phillipines National Coach) at Mitra Kukar in Indonesia, but seems both left the club at the end of last season!

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Roberto Carlos - apparently he still hasn't retired

One player in this country who disappeared off the radar for awhile was Stephen Carr but now he seems to have had a 2nd wind again

Last edited:

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Baichung Bhutia :thumbsup: Had him playing for Brighton in CM 3 (around 1999 I guess) and he was a goal machine - it was the only time I was ever able to sign him (as Bury had been relegated), the rest of the time he would turn me down.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Quincy Owusu-Abeyie was always supposed to be the next big thing out of the Arsenal academy, still only 26 but playing in Qatar after being punted all around Europe at various clubs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here