Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Players you had forgotten about...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Y'know how you get the start of a post if your cursor hovers over the link to it? I saw "I was thinking of Stuart..." made me think of Stuart Munday. I started to wonder if he actually existed whehn I saw you mention Denny Mundee, but I'm pretty confident Stuart Munday is an actual player, and suspect he was around about the sametime as Denny, because I remember the similar names being around together...

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Y'know how you get the start of a host if your cursor hovers over the link to it? I saw "I was thinking of Stuart..." made me think of Stuart Munday. I started to wonder if he actually existed whehn I saw you mention Denny Mundee, but I'm pretty confident Stuart Munday is an actual player, and suspect he was around about the sametime as Denny, because I remember the similar names being around together...

Stuart Munday was a limited (i.e. not very good) right-back whose claim to fame was an amazing 30 yard goal against Leicester in the League Cup.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Stuart Munday was a limited (i.e. not very good) right-back whose claim to fame was an amazing 30 yard goal against Leicester in the League Cup.

I remember that victory. My maths teacher was a liecester fan, and we really let him have it. I think the answer to every equation was "1-0, sir?" "A win with 10 men, sir?" "3-0 on aggregate?". Our maths teacher was a good sport...

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Kevin MacGarrigle - remember seeing him play well in quite a few games for us then he disappeared off to non-league.

Came highly recommended but never really made it.

He was featured in 442 magazine as "One for the Future", think they got that wrong really.

Russell Bromage, not sure why, just checked on wiki and he only played one game for us.

If I am not mistaken he is now a window cleaner in the Southwick area and also works on [OPTA?] match statistics, you know, how many passes completed, how many throw ins, how many fouls, etc during games.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Bobby Baxter....played full back in the 60's..Stewart Henderson was the other;he of the thighs like tree trunks!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Kevin MacGarrigle - remember seeing him play well in quite a few games for us then he disappeared off to non-league.

Came highly recommended but never really made it.

I always considered him to be a fine prospect for the future at central defence but the manager at the time Brady? Case? started messing about and played him in midfield etc and he just fell apart. Went back up north, home, after leaving us I believe, Crook Town Bishop Auckland or some such similar club.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Alexis Nicholas
Wayne Gray
Joe(?) Doylan
That mouthy Irish midfielder who was around when Hammond left...O'Connor or something?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here