Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Players you had forgotten about...

Playing On The Grit

Twitter: @leighjcooper
Apr 2, 2008
...and you suddenly thought "Oh yeah, I remember him".

I was minding my own business earlier and from nowhere I suddenly thought about Stuart Myall for no apparent reason. And then I remembered him being in competition with Denny Mundee for the right back/right midfield spot.

I'd forgotten about those two. Anybody else ever remember any previously long forgotten players?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Denny Mundee was an absolute legend in the 'battle against Archer and Bellotti' days.

In every respect he was one of us.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
How bizarre to bring up that name...a few years ago I was in Worthing getting a hair cut, in the usual polite conversation with the barber I was asked how things were, I mentioned that I was off that evening to watch the Albion play...this was just before we left the Goldstone. The barber mentioned that he knew a couple of the Albion players and asked if I wanted some free tickets to the game...I mumbled some sort of acceptance, never one to be a freeloader, this did seem like a generous offer...at which point the barber then got on the phone to one of the afformentioned mates to try and locate some free tickets, that player was none other than Stuart Myall!

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Kevin MacGarrigle - remember seeing him play well in quite a few games for us then he disappeared off to non-league.

Came highly recommended but never really made it.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Russell Bromage, not sure why, just checked on wiki and he only played one game for us.

Mark Gall, I seem to remember him having a very short career with us. Banged in something like 13 goals and had lightning pace. I seem to remember him being very short, he'd make Dean Cox look like a giant!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Mark Gall, I seem to remember him having a very short career with us. Banged in something like 13 goals and had lightning pace. I seem to remember him being very short, he'd make Dean Cox look like a giant!

Nah, he was quite tall - without being a giant (Tim Carder's book has him at 5' 10").

He was good player; he had pace and was pretty skillful. He scored 14 goals in 33 games and then had to retire because of injury.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here