Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Players rumour

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
dont get me wrong I like Rougier and thought he was good for us in Div 1 and would certainly do a job in Div 2 - but SC if he wanted him would've brought him in by now.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Reading were a good side when they finished runners up to us, in fact probably much better on paper thatn us with the exception of Bobby. Having not been the Rouge's biggest fan I do think he could do a job with a player like Leon Knight but when he has a mare hell have an absolute stinker.

Would rather get a safe 15 goal a season strike in to partner Knight though and reckon that Stevie will get someone to do the job.

(was)DBS

Jul 24, 2003
Southwick
fair point........lets just wait and see but we still need a defender too!!! even without these still a top 6 finish

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
safe 15 a season goalscorers don't grow on trees.

..and players training with clubs don't necessarily mean they are gonna play for that club. Rouge may have asked to come down and train with us, I think we should sign him on a month-month he has GOT to be better than nothing.

Jul 20, 2003
blah blah blah, loch ness monster, blah blah blah blah, alligators in the sewers, blah blah blah, abducted by aliens, blah blah blah, I had a threesome with the two fittest Nolans in '82, blah blah blah, we're signing Andrei Kancheskis, blah blah blah, world salmon record using a bent nail and some bell wire, blah blah blah, there were three of 'em so I took out the biggest one first, blah blah blah, evidently better at the guitar than Hendrix, blah blah blah, blah blah, blah blah blah.

bull.jpg

In an ideal world it wouldn be nice to have someone quoting the above in a day or two to make me look foolish but it's not as if we're in a position to sell anymore season tickets by signing someone like that and it's not as if we can be a force in div1 until the ground's ready and as soon as it is we'll piss div 2 if we're not already in div1.

Patience, I'd rather we finished the season top half with some promising youngsters and half decent lower waged journeymen - (as seems likely) than lose in the play-off semis having blown our meagre wage budget on what would be a luxury item (albeit an occassionally very exciting one).

I remember seeing him at the Goldstone in the Coca Cola (or whatever) and being relieved when he was subbed for one of their promising youngsters - I wonder whatever happened to him?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Agreed, I think we desperately need a right back but Ive not heard it mentioned once all pre season, If Watson doesnt get his confidence back were in trouble.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
He's one of my fave players of all time, it's amazing how many clubs have given him a 2nd chance just on the memories of a player that was great about 10 years ago. I say f*** it let's sign him, he may be the difference betweena dull mid table season and a dull mid table season with a bit of excitement.

(was)DBS

Jul 24, 2003
Southwick
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: lets go for it

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Lomabardo and Brolin go down as legends in my book, not only were they total shit for Palace they also almost bankrupt the wankers. lol :lolol:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I think youll find they were signed by Venebles when Goldberg took over and also threw about 2 mill at Terry.

Please someone back this up as Im sure coppell wouldnt have signed Brolin?

(was)DBS

Jul 24, 2003
Southwick
i'll back you up it was not ss sure it was tv or even lombaro coz was he not in charge for a while?

Albion Dan said:
I think youll find they were signed by Venebles when Goldberg took over and also threw about 2 mill at Terry.

Please someone back this up as Im sure coppell wouldnt have signed Brolin?

Sorry, AD, he was signed in January 1998, during Coppell's 3rd stint at Palarse.

(was)DBS

Jul 24, 2003
Southwick
yeah but by the third stint he was getting bored and just got him for the sake of it long live ss

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here