Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Players Return for Pre-Season (Video)

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Now that Dicker has officially retired form playing, I did wonder whether Dale might be up for the 'old head in the U23s', on-field coaching role.

Seemingly not, if he's actively seeking a new club.

Plus his recent DD conviction might make it problematic when it comes to holding him up as role model to the u23s

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Bissoumas replacement

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Have I missed Welbeck signing a new contract?! I've been waiting for that news all summer!

I know there was talk it was agreed around the same time as Gross's extension but has it actually happened yet?!

‘Has it happened’ vs ‘has it been announced’

Technically he’s contracted until Thursday anyway but I imagine a few bits to tidy up before it’s announced. He’s been away most of the summer by the look of it anyway

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Have I missed Welbeck signing a new contract?! I've been waiting for that news all summer!

I know there was talk it was agreed around the same time as Gross's extension but has it actually happened yet?!
All a bit odd, Potter said he would be here and Naylor (I think) said we had an option on his contract. So he'll be with us but as yet nothing on the contract length.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Nothing announced except that we have taken up the option for this season. But he looks happy, maybe we are very close to announcing a new contract.

A contract I most want to hear about now is a new one for Mac Allister - I was hoping the Bissouma funds could help this along.

Last edited:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The club should do more of this kind of stuff.

It's what England do every time they have a camp. It's a simple way to give a little bit of behind the scenes footage and show a different side of the players.

They’re great aren’t they? I think I’ve spent more time watching chauffeur-driven England players arriving at St George’s Park and being greeted than I have ever actually watching England play. Plus all the ‘bantz’ in the weight rooms etc. Marvellous.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Either that, or he is smart and kept his property down here, as it is a nest egg for when he retires.
Probably has a management agent who lets it out Airb&B or something.

Think you'll find Dale has been a property developer for many years (once featured on Homes Under the Hammer) so I suspect he has many properties as his nest egg.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Dale Stephens is now dating and has a child with Adam El-Abds ex wife

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here