Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Players plucked from non-league

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Kinky Gerbils said:
Paul Rogers

came from Wigan didnt he?

anyway...the original post by ICY mentions 2 players.....Revell Chockies is 1, who is the other?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Dies Irae said:
came from Wigan didnt he?

anyway...the original post by ICY mentions 2 players.....Revell Chockies is 1, who is the other?

Sorry - just seem Marshy's post.

Doug loft was last year wasn't he? and rubbish

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Dies Irae said:
Sorry - just seem Marshy's post.

Good to see you give him a fair chance before slagging him off, I mean he's had loads of time to prove himself in a shit team :rolleyes:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Dies Irae said:

...and I was labelled as talking nonsense for my quip about how the papers (Sun etc.) will claim they guided Svens hand to use 4-1-4-1.

:nono:

From what I have seen of Loft he looked fairly good and I am looking forward to seeing more of him next season.

What makes you think he is rubbish, Dies?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
jonny.rainbow said:
Alma Swanley.

I used to be mates with the guy who managed Alma Swanley, he used to rave about Peter Smith.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Icy Gull said:
Good to see you give him a fair chance before slagging him off, I mean he's had loads of time to prove himself in a shit team :rolleyes:

sorry...I was basing my view on the QPR game up there when I thought he looked awful, but you are correct, I shouldn't judge him until he has played a season.

:( :( :(

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I think QPR plucked Les Ferdinand out of non-league football. Couldn't tell you who the club was though.

Andy Townsend started at Welling Utd.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Dies Irae said:
sorry...I was basing my view on the QPR game up there when I thought he looked awful, but you are correct, I shouldn't judge him until he has played a season.

:( :( :(

Oh no, he has to prove himself within 3 full games, that's the yardstick for us Albion fans isn't it, and you want to give him a full season:ohmy: :lol:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
well I get PM's from certain female posters if I dont toe the party line and "get behind the lads".

So I think giving him 1 season is just about right

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here