Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Players plucked from non-league

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Safeway said:
How many of the aforementioned players had played at League level BEFORE dropping out though?

Steve Claridge played 7 games for Bournemouth before dropping out the league in 1986 to play with Weymouth for a couple of years before Palace signed him in 1988.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
BensGrandad said:
Tony Book went from I think it was Bath City or some club down that way straight to Div 1 with Man City, who were challenging for the title, at about 27 years of age if my memory serves me well.

& he played his 250th game for Bath against us in the cup, I think

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Jay DeMerit must be leading the non-Albion list at the moment. Gambled huge by coming over from the States with £500 in his pocket to play for Northwood, hoping someone would see him. One good pre-season match against Watford - now a couple of years later he's in the Premiership.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
BarrelofFun said:
DJ Campbell was with.....can't remember. But he described himself as a bad egg and got kicked into non-league.

Was with Stevenage Boro & dropped down to Yeading. But we also had a certain Barry Hales who went on to greater heights & earned us a few bob via Bristol Rvs, Fulham etc. Barry was discovered by our then manager, Paul Fairclough, playing for Wilsdon [Nth London Lge] in Sunday football.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Tim Sills
Yemi Odubade

Where did Oxford finish again?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
junior lewis

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Marshy said:
who is our 2nd signing ?

I was thinking of Doug Loft, who we haven't really seen yet

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Icy Gull said:
I was thinking of Doug Loft, who we haven't really seen yet

He looked quite good in the Stoke game, Saying that I think I would have looked better than half the heartless mob that were in the stripes.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
mona said:
Adrian Owers was signed from Chelmsford and helped us to promotion in the Garry Nelson team.

Really? Don't recall ever seeing him :ohmy:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here