Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Players plucked from non-league

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
To give us some optimism on our two new non-league players let's have a list of players who have been signed at League 1 level and above this way and proved steals?

The only Albion player I can think of at the Albion is OGH and he was signed whilst we were in the bottom tier.

Non Albion players -Ian Wright, turned down in favour of Steve Penney and the rest is history.

Others?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Er...Peter Ward. Signed from Burton Albion when we in the then Division 3.

For other clubs, the best player signed from non-league football has to be Stuart Pearce, picked up Wealdstone I believe.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
I think John Barnes arrived at Watford from Sudbury Town. And Les Ferdinand was at some non-league team in West London - Hayes?

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
We bought Enoch Showumni from Willesden Constatnine a few years back. He was very useful in League one scored quite a few goals and had quite an impact, but he didn't really cut it at championship level. He's gone to Bristol City just recently so I'm sure he'll give you a few problems this season.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Charlie Oatway went into the league from Yeading I believe.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
didn't Gerry Fell come from Long Eaton ? & Brian Horton was at Hednesford before Port Vale

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Simon Royce went from Heybridge Swifts to Sarfend

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
fourthteamtillidie said:
Nicky Bisset commanded the highest fee paid for a non-league player by a league club- at £125,000- not sure if he still does though.

Postman now after that dreadful injury?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Kevin Phillips was non league when I think Watford bought him, within 3 years he ws top socrer in the 2nd tier.

Ian Wright was non league when Crystal Palace Bought him.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Theatre of Trees said:
Graham Pearce was signed from Barnet and became a regular when we were in the top division.

Was trying to remember where he came from, didn't we sign him on the strength of a game against us?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here