Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Players McGhee has Fallen Out With

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
From the NOTW!!!

PLAYER PULLS A KNIFE ON TEAM-MATE

ENGLISH soccer plunged new depths last night after a player pulled a KNIFE on a team-mate during a violent dressing-room bust-up. The incident has stunned the game and heaped more shame on First Division Millwall, a club notorious for its hooligan problems off the pitch. Amazingly, it’s the players who have disgraced the team this time and Millwall chairman Theo Paphitis pledged a full inquiry into what he labelled 'a very serious matter.'

Papahitis added: "I can confirm there was a very serious incident between two of our players. Because of the serious nature of the incident we are conducting a thorough investigation into the matter. It would therefore be inappropriate to make any further comment until that investigation has been concluded."

The News of the World can reveal the two players involved were starlet Moses Ashikodi and burly striker Mark McCammon, who stands 6ft 2in and weighs 14st. Both players were battling back from injury and were at the training ground to continue their rehabilitation when an argument erupted and they clashed in the canteen area. Ashikodi ended up on the floor but then the enraged 16-year-old picked himself up and burst into the nearby kitchen area, pushing past startled dinner ladies to grab a kitchen knife. He emerged with the blade, threatening McCammon before stunned team-mates and staff jumped in to disarm him.

A Millwall insider said: "It was an unbelievable sight – the kid was manic. The club has desperately been trying to keep a lid on this and they have not called in the police because they want to deal with it all in-house. But something has got to be done. I don’t know what started it all but I know how it should finish – this kid has got to be kicked-out."

Millwall, managed by former Chelsea and England hard man Dennis wise have since transfer-listed Ashikodi, who made history last season by becoming the club’s youngest first-team player at 15 years of age. Our insider added: "It's such a waste – this kid has such great potential." Boss Wise and coach Ray Wilkins both missed the fight. They were preparing the first-team for their FA Cup replay with Telford. But it is the first real test of Wise's management skills since he took charge at the club, although he's no stranger to bust-ups himself. He broke the nose and cheekbone of team-mate Callum Davidson while playing with Leicester City – and was promptly sacked by the Foxes.

© NEWS OF THE WORLD, Sunday 08 February 2004

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Sign him up I say...

Wasnt the rumour that McGhee fell out with Chaigneau because he was pissed off at never playing which is why McGhee then picked him above Kuipers?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Richie Morris said:
Sign him up I say...

Wasnt the rumour that McGhee fell out with Chaigneau because he was pissed off at never playing which is why McGhee then picked him above Kuipers?

sounds a likely one, MM is renowned for backing down and giving in to players who throw a strop isn't he :rolleyes:

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Icy Gull said:
sounds a likely one, MM is renowned for backing down and giving in to players who throw a strop isn't he :rolleyes:

No

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Don't ya just love rumours :rolleyes:

It's one thing having an opinion about his management style but trying to deem the man a racist, joking or not, because of so called rumours is another. It's called libel.

Last edited:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Icy Gull said:

Not in Leon's case but I would not be surprised if he feels under a little bit of pressure to keep McCammon and Chaigneau happy this season in order to justify their signings otherwise Dick Knight will have reason to not fund any January signings.

binary

Oct 4, 2004
South East Guildford
"The News of the World can reveal the two players involved were starlet Moses Ashikodi and burly striker Mark McCammon, who stands 6ft 2in and weighs 14st."

There is no truth in this story as there is no way McCammon has ever been as light as 14st.:lolol:

Just believe that MM is strong minded and you have to be that in his job. I thought that's why we had the clipboard kid so he could bring the tissues when a player cries following a MM bollocking??

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Race said:

It's one thing having an opinion about his management style but trying to deem the man a racist, joking or not, because of so called rumours is another. It's called slander.

And don't expect logic on NSC either.

McGhee fell out with Leon
Leon is black
Therefore McGhee is a racist.

Brilliant.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Mark Mghee and His Back room staff get together to tell the FDM and Albert Jarret their career at brighton is over....

:lolol:
kkk.jpg

Last edited:

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
some of this reminds of the rod thomas scenerio. he just shoved out as well.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Richie Morris said:
Not in Leon's case but I would not be surprised if he feels under a little bit of pressure to keep McCammon and Chaigneau happy this season in order to justify their signings otherwise Dick Knight will have reason to not fund any January signings.

What a load of rubbish. You have got absolutely no evidence to base this kind of statement on. It's just a little fairytale you've concocted in your head.

caz

Aug 10, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
What is the link?

1. Knight
2. McCammon
3. Kuipers
4. Molango
5. Iwelumo

These are the only players we know as they were publicize, am sure there's more that keep quite.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
caz99 said:
some of this reminds of the rod thomas scenerio. he just shoved out as well.

I miss him!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here