Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Players knackered for the Palace game?

TonyTownersShorts

Jan 26, 2010
We have a decent size squad and I think we can cope with this, surely this is what the players and club wants high profile matches nearly every week...beats going to Daghenham on Tuesday night. Were still to see Hoskins play for 90 mins at the moment and Buckley has only played a couple of games these guys will be chomping at the bit to get a run of games.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
it all comes down to will liverpool be happy playing sun - tue. because they do not want fixture pile up with Europe as well/ also they might feel with bigger, better squad they can take 2 games in three days.

if liverpool will not play tues, then we should refuse wed as leeds game is on fri. as all ready pointed out there are weeks without midweek fixture that liverpool game can be played before 4th round.

Out of interest, which European competition are they actually in!!!!!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
We are playing 17th, 20th (maybe), 23rd and 27th.

But the game is confirmed for the 20th, or am I missing something?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not confirmed yet but expected to be announced tomorrow as Tues 20th.

The club announced it as the 20th at the Posh game. And I took a photo of a video bill board showing this as I left on Saturday. The Argus also have it as the 20th on page 5 of today's paper? Has this changed?

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
We come back from the Leicester game on the 17th., which isn't a massive amount of travelling, then we have the three HOME games, no travelling involved, on the bounce. Can't really see that we are disadvantaged greatly tbh ???

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
We will be fine. Bridcutt can be rested for Navs if need be. Sparrow, Dicker, Vincelot can all be rotated not to mention LuaLua, Noone and Buckley are all interchangeable. Up front we have Hoskins back and Torby knocking on the door. Painter, who played every game last year can have a break thanks to Tanno, but he won't need it!

We have strength AND depth combined with a winning attitude.

TL: DR We will SMASH Palace so hard they won't know what's hit them.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
How would that pan out for Scotland's game on the 8th if CMS is in the squad - we wouldn't want him missing for the Liverpool game

He can easily play on the 4th and fly up that evening or fly direct to Lichenstein and meet the jocks there and still leave 3 days to train with them. It's not as if they are blessed with a plethora of strikers!!

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
:drama:

Oh no. Professional footballers in 'having to play football' shocker.

Its not like they are at the end of the season when fixture backlogs screw teams, they should be fresh as daisies not wilting violets.

Agree with R.Slicker, you all need to grow a pair.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Fixtures

Saturday, 10 September 2011
Npower Championship
Leeds v Crystal Palace, 15:00
Tuesday, 13 September 2011
Carling Cup
Crystal Palace v Wigan, R2, 20:00
Saturday, 17 September 2011
Npower Championship
Crystal Palace v Middlesbrough, 15:00
Saturday, 24 September 2011
Npower Championship
Doncaster v Crystal Palace, 15:00
Tuesday, 27 September 2011
Npower Championship
Brighton v Crystal Palace, 19:45

Palace have the same situation and we actually play on the friday night compared to palace who play on the saturday away to donny.:facepalm:

It's not the same though. We play Tues-Fri-Tues

They play Sat-Tues

They don't have a game when we play Lpool that may give them a slight advantage, likewise we play on the Fri vs Leeds which may give us a slight advantage. All very small details though.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Bit of confusion here - Palace are playing their Carling CUp a week earlier because they are a round behind - they are therefore playing 17th, 24th & 27th
We are playing 17th, 20th (maybe), 23rd and 27th.

They have 3 games in 10 days, we have 4 games in 10 days

Also, Leeds are already selling tickets for our game, and I cannot imagine sky will want the game postponed.

If Palace were to beat Wigan, any idea if their 3rd round game would be scheduled for the same night as we play LPool? Surely 1 weeks notice wouldn't be enough... Shame...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Palace look like they're selling Zaha and Ambrose before the windows closes, they need the money.

Can you elaborate - ie where did you hear this etc or is it just wishful thiking?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
We have a decent size squad and I think we can cope with this, surely this is what the players and club wants high profile matches nearly every week...beats going to Daghenham on Tuesday night. Were still to see Hoskins play for 90 mins at the moment and Buckley has only played a couple of games these guys will be chomping at the bit to get a run of games.

I agree with this. The players are really going to love it, and it does appear to be the same for everyone. I think it would be possible to rotate the engine room in midfield as we are indeed blessed with a stack of midfielders, and if Gus does get this mystery man upfront then we should have the extra bodies upfront too. The back four will just have to get on with it though, and I don't think they'll mind too much.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
It's not the same though. We play Tues-Fri-Tues

They play Sat-Tues

They don't have a game when we play Lpool that may give them a slight advantage, likewise we play on the Fri vs Leeds which may give us a slight advantage. All very small details though.
If they beat wigan then they may have a game on the tuesday.

Anyway yeah its all pointless as we get a few days between all games anyway:)

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Exactly position club would want to be in. This is why we are building a squad of players all capable of playing at this level and above.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here