Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Players knackered for the Palace game?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The results that we achieve in the run up to Palace if good will take the players through that game with the adrenaline it creates. Success brings success as it is much easier to play when tired after a win than to pick the players up after a defeat.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No harder than the 8 games we had to play in March. At least most of the squad have a two week break now to prepare for it.

This. Plus it's the start of the season and not the end.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
We really don't, as you well know.

You really do, as you can't face. The proposed stadium move has gone very quiet, my contacts in Bromley Council say that they have lost interest thanks to not being prepared to give Palave a loan to facilitate the move, given the habit Palace have of not paying their debts who can blame them ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The results that we achieve in the run up to Palace if good will take the players through that game with the adrenaline it creates. Success brings success as it is much easier to play when tired after a win than to pick the players up after a defeat.

But there is a train of thought that players like another game to come quickly after a defeat to get themselves back on track "and push on" as they always say.

So either way a congested fixture list can be viewed as a good thing.

My personal thought is to just deal with it and don't look for excuses either way.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Fixtures

Saturday, 10 September 2011
Npower Championship
Leeds v Crystal Palace, 15:00
Tuesday, 13 September 2011
Carling Cup
Crystal Palace v Wigan, R2, 20:00
Saturday, 17 September 2011
Npower Championship
Crystal Palace v Middlesbrough, 15:00
Saturday, 24 September 2011
Npower Championship
Doncaster v Crystal Palace, 15:00
Tuesday, 27 September 2011
Npower Championship
Brighton v Crystal Palace, 19:45

Palace have the same situation and we actually play on the friday night compared to palace who play on the saturday away to donny.:facepalm:
Exactly !!!! , and on paper I would say that's a much tougher selection then what we have

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
You really do, as you can't face. The proposed stadium move has gone very quiet, my contacts in Bromley Council say that they have lost interest thanks to not being prepared to give Palave a loan to facilitate the move, given the habit Palace have of not paying their debts who can blame them ?
Why would Palace need a loan from Bromley Council??
My understanding is that the new ground will be financed primarily from the sale of Selhurst Park (prime real estate) and naming rights.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The Leeds game might be switched. Liverpool playing on the Sunday so they might ask for the game to be played on the Wednesday and Brighton won't want to play on the Wednesday as it's only two days before the Leeds match. Away to Ipswich 4 days after the Palace game.

Everybody seems to be ignoring this fact. The fixture isn't yet on the calendar. Liverpool won't play two games in 3 days and neither should we so the Leeds game should be postponed. We might lose the tv money but what's more important.

Fixtures

Saturday, 10 September 2011
Npower Championship
Leeds v Crystal Palace, 15:00
Tuesday, 13 September 2011
Carling Cup
Crystal Palace v Wigan, R2, 20:00
Saturday, 17 September 2011
Npower Championship
Crystal Palace v Middlesbrough, 15:00
Saturday, 24 September 2011
Npower Championship
Doncaster v Crystal Palace, 15:00
Tuesday, 27 September 2011
Npower Championship
Brighton v Crystal Palace, 19:45

Palace have the same situation and we actually play on the friday night compared to palace who play on the saturday away to donny.:facepalm:

Can't quite see how you deem this to be the same as our potential situaion. The crucial period is Sat 17th to Tues 23rd.

Palace-
Saturday
Saturday
Tuesday

Brighton-
Saturday
Tuesday
Friday
Saturday

However, maybe the solution is to play the game the week beginning 3rd October. Neither Brighton or Liverpool have a midweek game then and it is still 3 weeks before the 4th round. Liverpool's games either side are both on Saturdays so should be no problem.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Four games in ten days now:

Leicester City away
Liverpool Home
Leeds Home
Palace Home

Tough run to go into the Palace game on. Bit of squad rotation needed I suspect.

The CC game should be saturday coming , but that would mean someone in authority within the football league having planning skills and common sence, never gonna happen

Jerryatric

Jul 18, 2003
Worthing
If the scum manage to fluke a win against Wigan they will have to play the following week in the CC. This would put them in a worse position than us.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Why would Palace need a loan from Bromley Council??
My understanding is that the new ground will be financed primarily from the sale of Selhurst Park (prime real estate) and naming rights.

Not what I've been told. After all, could you survive on a capacity of 16000 (the size of the athletics stadium) ? Well given your current crowds and your willingness to sell the handful of decent players you have I suppose you could. However I would the the Met would want some changes made in the name of safety and can you afford that ? Remember your club's credit history does them no favours. There's no way you could afford to do much to improve the stadium and I can bet that you'll face a fair bit of opposition from the locals. Parking there will be a problem, even without the mobile homes issue.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Everybody seems to be ignoring this fact. The fixture isn't yet on the calendar. Liverpool won't play two games in 3 days and neither should we so the Leeds game should be postponed. We might lose the tv money but what's more important.

Can't quite see how you deem this to be the same as our potential situaion. The crucial period is Sat 17th to Tues 23rd.

Palace-
Saturday
Saturday
Tuesday

Brighton-
Saturday
Tuesday
Friday
Saturday

However, maybe the solution is to play the game the week beginning 3rd October. Neither Brighton or Liverpool have a midweek game then and it is still 3 weeks before the 4th round. Liverpool's games either side are both on Saturdays so should be no problem.
Actually the point is we get an extra day on palace.

We play..
sat leicester
tues liverpool
friday leeds
tuesday palace
Anyway this run-in is no diffrent from anyother season so its not a prob:)

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
We have a much stronger all-round squad than last season. Buckley and Hoskins will be back, and not sure how far El Abd and Elphick are off returning too...(?!?). Plus IF we do sign this extra striker, we'll have strength in depth up front.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Dont forget Leeds play Manu in the carling as well, who play Chelsea on the Sunday before. So either Leeds & us will have to play Wednesday & Friday or Liverpool & Manu will have to play Sunday & Tuesday. I know who my money's on!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Actually the point is we get an extra day on palace.

We play..
sat leicester
tues liverpool
friday leeds
tuesday palace
Anyway this run-in is no diffrent from anyother season so its not a prob:)

Why are you ignoring the point that we could be playing on the Wed before the Leeds game?

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
We've got a good squad and Gus usually changes a few things around here and there. We should cope well with it. There are players desparate to play like Sparrow and Lua Lua. Plus we will have Buckley and Hoskins back by then - maybe Vancelot too.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Bit of confusion here - Palace are playing their Carling CUp a week earlier because they are a round behind - they are therefore playing 17th, 24th & 27th
We are playing 17th, 20th (maybe), 23rd and 27th.

They have 3 games in 10 days, we have 4 games in 10 days

Also, Leeds are already selling tickets for our game, and I cannot imagine sky will want the game postponed.

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011
it all comes down to will liverpool be happy playing sun - tue. because they do not want fixture pile up with Europe as well/ also they might feel with bigger, better squad they can take 2 games in three days.

if liverpool will not play tues, then we should refuse wed as leeds game is on fri. as all ready pointed out there are weeks without midweek fixture that liverpool game can be played before 4th round.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here